Chapter 4 - Born after Death

Rassii Vé Drusvenaire(Mortal being, former slave)

(Mortal being, former slave)

But why am I still alive?

"Where am I?" She looked around and had no idea where she was. Everything was foreign to her.

At the same moment, she also realized that she was inside the grand bathroom. The marble pool was fed by gurgling, pristine water from an outside stream. It was full of flowers that floated and danced in the slow, bubbling current.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps outside. She runs to reach the towel, but she stops when her eyes catch the mirror. At first, she couldn't recognize the reflection staring back at her, but then...

"They were all healed." Rassii stared at herself, amazed. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her body was riddled with scars, smoothly glistening in the light. Her short, obsidian-dark hair was almost touching the floor.

The door opens. She quickly took the towel and covered herself. She turned around and saw a young woman. She has vermilion-red hair. Her eyes were crystal green, which served to complement her sweet and innocent beauty.

"Are you-" The lady was stunned and enthralled by her beauty.

Her very long, wet midnight hair flowed over her perfectly sculpted figure. Her Light and delicate skin glistened under the bathroom light. Her face was pure and alluring, while her eyes reflected her untamed and mysterious personality.

She's more attractive and gorgeous than any enchantress of the Elfinwoods. If the deities or goddesses of the Zodiacs see her, they may break out in jealousy. They could even attempt to curse her, hoping to mar her exquisite appearance.

This thought may frighten the young lady, but right now, she cannot help but blush in front of her.

"Hi-hi!" Rassii shyly said to the lady, who seemed flustered. Her face and ears were red. How cute! She looks like a doll!

The lady quickly came to her senses. She tried to regain her composure. "Are you feeling okay?"

I can't believe that she was the same person that the Lord has brought. He arrived with someone who was almost near death. She was in very bad shape. She had been in the healing pool for two weeks.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine." Rassii nodded.

I was told she was a new bearer, but I cannot sense anything more than her etheric beauty.

"Where am I?"

The lady appeared utterly surprised and bewildered by her question. Out of all the upcoming bearers who had arrived at the academy, she was the sole person who seemed completely unaware of her whereabouts. "Seriously? You mean to tell me you have no idea?"

Rassii shakes her head. "Unfortunately, I don't remember."

The lady looked at Rassii suspiciously. "Hmm..."

If she doesn't know where she is, she is not from Elysium.

"The only thing I can recall is that I was chased by..."

"Congratulations! You're at the Eternal Monarch Academy." Someone behind the young woman interrupted.

"My Lord," The lady said as she bowed her head.

Rassii realized it was a tall young man with mildly wavy hair braided on the top left side of his head and a matching black diamond stud in his left ear. He is slender yet fairly muscular. He was standing behind the lady. His dark eyes were glistening from the light above as he shamelessly stared at her keenly.

"He is our Lord Luke Vin dé Griffin," The lady introduced. "Warlord of Midnight Walker."

Rassii's face turned red. She turns her back, hiding herself. She heard him speak to the young lady as if he were giving her an order. The man then left, and the lady walked towards her.

"Come with me." The lady said. She took her upstairs and stopped at the near end of the corridor. "This will be your room."

"My room?" Rassii looked doubtful.

The lady nodded as she opened the door. "Yes."

"Wait, may I know your name?"

"I'm Alexandria de Veusse." The lady answered, smiling.

Rassii smiled back. "I am Rassii Vé Drusvenaire. "

"If you need something or seek my assistance, just call me." Alexandria was pointing in the room next to her. "And if you ever don't find me, just let the butler or the servants serve you."

Alexandria left, and Rassii entered the room. She closed the door and looked around. The room is insanely huge, with a king-size bed. It is lavishly designed and elegantly furnished with hand-carved wood antiques.

It has two long sofas and a table near the high windows. The ceiling is bejeweled by "a thousand teardrop diamond" chandelier, while all drapes and fabric were sewed with golden treads. It has its own library, a spacious marble bathroom, and a balcony.

"How could this be my room?"

She has never been to this kind of extravagant house. Everything looks lavish. She could only see all these things on TV and in magazines. A high-end glamour that can only be enjoyed by royal families.

What am I doing here? Am I allowed to set foot in this place? I am no princess, but a slave.

She sat on the bed and she gradually eased herself down until she plopped onto its surface. It was so soft and comforting, like sinking into a sea of clouds. It is pleasantly warm. She never laid something so soft. She used to sleep on the floor without a mattress.

Maybe I am dreaming...

She slapped herself. She could feel the sharp sting from the slap.

I am not dreaming. Everything is real.

She stood and opened the walk-in wardrobe. Her eyes widened at this belief. It was huge, spacious, and well organized. It was full of fancy clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, and everything she never imagined she would see in a closet.

She found the dress simple yet elegant. It was a body-skimming, knee-length, black slip, bias cut dress that truly stroked her shape. She brought herself to the mirror.

She touched her face. It was a strange feeling how she used to despised catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Her whole body was always bathed in wounds and bruises, and her face was deformed by one big, heinous scar that made her face seemingly cleave in half.

And now,

There is not a single trace of a scar to be found, as if her past has been completely erased. She appears to be undergoing a profound metamorphosis, as if she has been reborn from the ashes of her former self. Though she might look different, yet she held the same flaring eyes. It is those very eyes that earned her the dreaded moniker of "Monster."