Chapter 10 - The Waking Grand Auditorium

Start from the beginning

Meril Ferirefiz Sieger(Infernal, Red-eyes Zigornia Clan)

(Infernal, Red-eyes Zigornia Clan)

"Why?" The guy smirked. "When does the Imperial Nightfall Allied School become useful besides being a wasteland?"

"Are you mocking us?" Ernouf said, pissed. He strode towards the guy.

"What if..." The guy faced Ernouf head-high while his hands were in his pocket. They locked eyes. "I do."

"I hadn't known there was a foul breath in Wroxim Phoenix." Ernouf sneered. "Is that all you've got with your filthy mouth?"

A flash of anger crosses his face. "Don't be so cocky, you little quirk."

"Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?" Rassii said, feeling the tension between the two. "I don't think this is a good idea."

"Stop!"

In the blink of an eye, Alexandria appeared at terrifying speed between them while someone grabbed the guy by the shoulder.

"Meril..."

"Ah, Faricc..." Meril replied with a sudden change of expression. He smiled. "I'm just playing."

Faricc Levenheit(Infernal, Maztraxath Clan)

Faricc Levenheit
(Infernal, Maztraxath Clan)

Rassii's eyes widened in surprise, staring at Faricc. He has a big resemblance to her deceased childhood friend.

Ergo?

Faricc threw a glance at Rassii, but his expression suggests he doesn't know her.

"Anyone here seeking for trouble?" inquired Lord Luke, his gaze fixed on Meril as he strolled. Among the warlords, young Lord had earned a reputation for being the most aggressive and quick-tempered.

"No one, my Lord," replied Meril with composure as he respectfully bowed. He knew better than to provoke the fierce Warlord.

"Let's go..." Faricc said.

"What a bunch of show-offs fancy dumbbells!" Quint grumbled and gritted his teeth as he watched the troublemaker get away without apologizing.

Lisbeth hurried over to where Alexandria and Ernouf stood and asked, "Who are those people?"

"Meril Ferirefiz Sieger, 7 rings bearer, and Faricc Levenheit, 8 rings bearer, Personage of Wroxim Phoenix Allied School, ruled by King Alric Gwrhyr Glusviier the Fifth." Alexandria answered.

"Hmm... I see they are Personage." Quint let out a frustrated sigh and remembered how Meril hides his hands in his pocket.

"What is it supposed to mean that they are Personage?" Rassii asked.

"Bearers rank from Aider, Novice, Personage and the highest rank, the Royal Ring." Alexandria explained.

Alexandria leads the group to a display case. Inside was the royal insignia identifying the rank of the bearers, from Royal rings to Aidders.

The bearer who possesses ten rings or more will be placed at the highest rank called the Royal Rings, the servant of the king, and the Supreme Order of the Personage. They are candidates to be Royal Knights and shall receive the golden crest of Optime Ferum.

The bearer who possesses ten below and more than four rings will be placed on the second rank as Personage, the right hand of the Royal Knights, and the pillar of the Novice, with a platinum crest of Optime Ordin.

The bearer with four or three rings who is placed in the third rank known as a Novice shall have a silver crest of Subtime Rava. And at the lowest rank, the bearer only gains two rings named Aidder, which will have a bronze crest of Subtime Flama.

Rassii turned to Alexandria and eyed her platinum crest of Optime Ordin pinned on her chest. "You're a personage?"

"Yes."

Rassii suddenly remembered the same crests on Farric and Meril's uniforms.

Alexandria read Rassii's expression. "Even though I am the same rank as Farric and Meril, they are much stronger than me. The ring is enough to tell how strong they are."

"So they are not just more than talk."

Alexandria watched as the flying coloured mist shot above the auditorium and loud music trailed out from the heart of the building where the rite was taking place.

The Euphonia Augusta Allied School began their ancient musical performance as a sign that the ceremony would begin shortly.

"Let's get going."