"Flour?"

As Alois asked that, Camilla dashed away from him. Racing in front of the grocery store she spotted, she looked at the bags of flour for a while, then picked up the biggest one she could handle. She quickly paid for it, then pushed it into Alois' arms without waiting to hear a protestation. After making sure that Alois had a good grip on it, she flashed him a mischevious smile.

"I have a few more things I need to buy, so be prepared. Diana... have you seen any eggs?"

"They should be in the back, right? Honestly... you're making something again, aren't you? Well, whatever, so long as everyone's happy."

As Alois stood there in stunned silence with the sack of flour in his hands, he watched Camilla and Diana disappear into the back of the grocery store together. His mind couldn't quite keep up with what was going on.

She had said that, for a 'change of pace', they should have a walk around town. Unlike the slightly stuffy palace, there was something liberating about the fresh air of the city outside. If it weren't for the fact that they had snuck out of the castle in disguises like they were some kind of thieves, he might have been able to enjoy himself.

What's more, the sack of flour... Alois looked puzzled as he looked at the sack in his hands.

Just what on earth did Camilla bring Alois out to do, exactly?

"...Ouch!"

Suddenly, he heard a high pitched voice. In the same moment, he felt something soft bump against his back. Alois, who had been lost in thought, dropped the sack of flour he was holding in surprise.

As he looked behind him, he saw a girl who had fallen back onto her behind. She looked like an ordinary town girl, but there was something in her appearance that caught Alois' eye.

There was a magical tool around that girl's neck. The tool, which was large enough that it had to be held with two hands to operate, was the so-called 'camera' that had become outrageously popular in the past few years. The tool was cube-shaped and worked by burning a sight through a pinhole lens onto a piece of paper. Because they're a relatively new and expensive item, it was strange to see it in the hands of normal common girl like this. The only two people he could think of that would possess one were wealthy hobbyists... or reporters.

"Sorry about that, I'm in a bit of a hurry."

She quickly scrambled to her feet, giving Alois an embarrassed smile. Straight after, he heard a gruff voice echo down the street at her.

"Oi! Don't laze about! There are rumours floatin' around that famous Julian is walking the streets right now! We gotta find him 'fore the competition does!"

"Alright, alright! I got it already!"

The girl yelled back at him in much the same way as the man ran down the opposite side of the boulevard. Then, with a quick movement, she grabbed the dropped flour and pushed it back into Alois' hands.

"Uh, basically, sorry 'bout that! Here, your stuff."

After pressing the flour back onto him, she gave him a wave and dashed off. Whilst staring at the flour in his hands again, Alois slightly readjusted his hat.

– That was surprising, I wasn't found out...?

Even though another person had looked right at him like that. He felt a smile tug at his lips, but Alois straightened his face out straight away. For a moment there, he felt himself getting sucked into Diana's idea of 'fun'.

– No, no, I can't. None of this is even necessary, much less fun.

More importantly, if it was discovered that he was out in the town, there would be an uproar. Getting caught by the reporters would cause no end of bothersome trouble. What's more, it wouldn't just be a mere bother if some remnants of the recent rebellion caught wind of it and plotted to do something.