As for Camilla, she understood Eckhart's intentions. The royal capital was the most important place in the country and Alois was quickly becoming one of the country's foremost figures. It was absolutely necessary for him to come and discuss crucial matters of state in person.

What's more, the emergency in Mohnton had ended. Wrapping up the rest of the matters there could be done without Alois' direct involvement. Besides, it wasn't as if Alois was being ordered to return immediately. Perhaps as a sign of good faith as well as his own feelings, Eckhart had given them a grace period of about a month to return.

But, still, they really hadn't had time to settle back down. It took that long for Alois to assess the events and damages of the rebellion through reports, set out a framework for what needed to be done in his absence and prepare for the journey... with Camilla in tow.

"After everything that's happened, my brother was concerned about how you were doing as well, Camilla, so he asked me to bring you along. You were the one who suffered the most from all this, after all."

"I think that particular honour should go to you, Lord Alois."

Though as she said that, Camilla thought to herself that maybe this wasn't the sort of thing to compete over. Especially since now, after the dust had settled, Alois and Camilla's reputations had been completely flipped on their heads

Camilla, who just over a month ago was probably the most detested person in the country, had become a tragic heroine overnight. Every time she saw her name printed as part of an attention-grabbing headline in a newspaper, Camilla thunderously glared in disgust. It was as if she and Liselotte had swapped places from where they had been a little over a year ago.

Much the same was true for Alois. Although he was once reviled as the 'Toad of the Swamp', a man no one would come near even on the rare occasions he did leave his boggy lair, now there were so many people clamouring for his attention that he couldn't deal with them all. Of course, now that the fat had been burned away and those royal features were on full display, the girls flocked in droves as well. When it came to light that Alois and Camilla were not yet married, some noblemen even came to offer him their very willing daughters' hands in marriage.

– Everyone is all too eager to make hay now!

Camilla herself had been repulsed by Alois in the past, never truly wanting to marry him. But, that was then, this was now. In a burst of anger, she suddenly stood up.

– Well, I suppose I can't deny that he's definitely become handsome.

Alois, who had lost enough weight that he wouldn't look too out of place with other young noblemen, had become quite fetching, even in Camilla's eyes. Along with those royal features, his face was neat and handsome, whilst also looking much healthier than before. There was no puffy skin hiding away those mystical red eyes anymore.

He still stood very tall but was much leaner than he once was. Camilla oftentimes found herself craning her neck to look at him. But, she never felt intimidated by that height of his. Those soft and warm red eyes always helped to give him a gentle impression. Even after coming to the capital city, they hadn't needed to bring any of the ointment with them since his skin had already become smooth... however...

"...Lord Alois."

Camilla stared at him. Alois fell captive to her stern look.

"Lord Alois, are you sure that you're not the one who is exhausted? You really don't look too good."

Despite his skin looking healthier, she could see the shadows beginning to form under his eyes. Despite Camilla's stare, he didn't break his smile, although he averted his gaze ever so slightly.