Inside

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey dear readers.
After the extremely intense last chapter, this one will go back to the earlier storyline. I just needed a chapter to establish the story of Katania as she takes on a major role later on.

Thank you for reading this, it makes me feel something something^_^
---------------------------------------------------------

"So you live here now?", Chase said with a boyish grin. Seb did not answer, he was busy glaring at the bed with such ferocious intensity, as if that would obliterate it. He was "inconvenienced" as he himself put it over the phone to Eugene a day ago.

"I mean it's not so bad right, it's pretty comfy if you open yourself to the idea of letting go of your old accommodations, I mean-"

"Shut up Chase. Don't try me. Also, I heard about Eleanore. That has got to hurt man. Did she really slap you?" For the first time after his arrest, Sebastian smiled.

"I mean you know her. I tried to kiss her that day, it was a nice moment you know. She was looking over at me and I- it's- I thought it was mutual man, now you shut up." They both laughed. Chase was grateful he came to visit Seb, the media world was in a turmoil after the arrest and he had heard so many 'unheard before' stories about Seb in a span of 4 days than he had actually lived with him for the last 2 decades of their friendship.

Seb had arranged for Chase and Eugene to visit, but Eugene had some things to clear out first. So Chase came alone. Visits were technically not allowed since this was a 'prison' but money and power buy more than just visits. When Chase first saw the Athlean from a distance, he was perplexed, moved beyond words. It was a castle! A palace! The pillars gleamed in the sun as if to show off their royalty. Look at me, they seemed to be saying.

Entering the gate alone in his not so new grey turtleneck, Chase wished he had worn a suit or at least a better shirt. The guards didn't look like guards, they were Officers and Generals, Chase realised this when a General Mckiney led him through the tall, hulking white inner gates. Men with tough faces and stoic build stood guard every 15 paces. It was clear to Chase now, this place wasn't meant to keep prisoners in, it was to protect them from the outside war, from the uprising that would be caused after their crimes were revealed to the world, from the media. The Athlean prison wasn't really a prison, it was more like refuge.

"What are you thinking?"

"I don't know Seb, this place, it's...I don't even know how to describe it. It's magnificent, you all have like giant private pools and the ocean is so close. You could even go to the beach. I mean, this looks like heaven. Man, it's supposed to be a prison isn't it. But this..-"

"I know Chase, I get your point. I understand. But right now, care for a walk?"

They went through Seb's drawing room. Chase couldn't help but stare at the giant crystal chandelier hanging in the middle of the room. The room itself was splendid. It was huge, bigger than Chase's entire office floor where 20 other guys worked. Somehow it looked more enormous and magnificent while leaving than when it did entering. The furniture was made of the finest wood, the sofa made of rich sage green velvet, Seb's favourite colour. The people here had certainly looked into Seb's interviews and made sure everything suited his taste.

There were vases full of fresh white orchids and tulips and classical paintings adorned the ivory walls. Chase had a suspicion that they might actually be real but did not want to ask Sebastian. They both made their way across the huge double doors that were carved with such minute detail, Chase felt his hands might sully their beauty.

The door led to a passageway, apparently only 3 people lived in this building of the Athlean(the prison was a big megacomplex of about two dozen buildings and other structures). This entire floor was Seb's, which wasn't surprising, considering how rich people live. The passageway, though comfortably and luxuriously adorned, gave an air of hostility, it looked cold, empty. Two guards were stationed on either side of the elevator, military again. Those people have a way of simply standing that anyone with a keen eye can make out.