PERCABETH - You're Beautiful

It was just about a month after the Titan War. After an eternity of longing glances and internal struggling and denial, Percy and Annabeth had finally gotten together. They'd even had their first month anniversary in Paris of all places. Things could not be more perfect... and that's exactly what made Annabeth so suspicious.

Percy may have been innocent enough to have actually believed that they would live in perpetual bliss, but Annabeth was too smart for that. She was worried for Percy. She'd lived long enough to know that there was always something coming next. Something that was out for her and her friends and everyone that mattered to her. Her demigod instincts told Annabeth that something was wrong. It had to have had something to do with the Great Prophecy.

Annabeth had been so lost in thought that she didn't even notice Percy come up into the Athena Cabin, looking for her. Taking advantage of the situation, he crept up behind her and laid a hand on her shoulder, snapping her out of her thoughts. Percy and Annabeth were in the 'honeymoon stage' of their relationship and made the fact very clear as they both wore plainly lovesick grins as they turned to face each other.

Annabeth's face lit up as she saw Percy, a light blush covering both their cheeks. "Hey, Wise Girl." Percy said as Annabeth stared at her boyfriend. Oh gods... she would never get tired of calling him that. For that moment, all their other thoughts became unimportant as they lost themselves in each other. "So," said Percy ending the silence "Wanna take a walk along the beach?" "Of course, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth answered gleefully. "Just let me get changed."

So Annabeth quickly changed into some comfortable denim shorts and swapped her usual orange 'Camp Half Blood' t-shirt for a sleeveless grey v-neck tee. She opened up her classic 'Annabeth ponytail' and let her beautiful blonde princess curls loose. She put on some beachy flip-flops and a light coat of mascara with some lip balm on her lips. She looked gorgeous and a true natural beauty.

When she came out to join Percy, his jaw almost dropped to the floor. "Shocked, Seaweed Brain?" she asked, grinning and raising one eyebrow, to tease him. "It's just... you clean up really nice, Wise Girl." he replied, earning him a chuckle from Annabeth. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and asked, offering her arm, "Shall we?". Percy interlinked their arms and answered in a falsetto, "We shall, Lady Annabeth!" which only made her laugh more and smack him upside the head.

"Oww!" exclaimed Percy pretending to be hurt. "You can't get hurt, Seaweed Brain. You're invulnerable..." said Annabeth, almost reading his thoughts, rolling her eyes slightly, the smile never leaving her lips. She never failed to win an argument with her brilliant logic. They continued to engage in their usual banter, not getting bored for even a second, soaking up every instant of each other's company.

Once it started to get dark, they walked up to the pier and sat down at the ledge. Percy's feet immediately immersed in the warm sea water, but Annabeth wasn't tall enough for her feet to touch the surface of the water. Percy tried to hold in his laughter but a small snicker escaped him. When Annabeth jokingly wondered aloud why she didn't kill Percy already, he put his hands up in surrender.

All the stars shone like glittering gems in the vast expanse of the night sky, but none as bright as the endearing twinkle in Annabeth's stormy grey eyes. Percy could almost imagine that her eyes were a galaxy of swirling wisdom and love. Just then, she said, "Well, this has been great, but it's already dark. We should really get back to Camp." "Ummm... actually, there's something I, uh, wanted to give you." Percy said blushing beet red as he took a small, blue, velvet-covered jewellery box out from his pocket. Inside it was a petite but detailed grey owl pendant on a thin silvery chain. Now, it was Annabeth's turn to blush. She gasped, "Oh, Percy! This is beautiful! You shouldn't have! It must have cost you a fortune!" "Maybe," Percy responded confidently, as he adjusted the clasp of the chain behind her, "But it isn't nearly half as beautiful as you are, Wise Girl. And you are. You're beautiful."

Hey guys! I'm changing my first book Percabeth One Shots into a collection of Riordanverse ships. This is my first chapter and I hope you like this. Please comment and vote if you actually read this. It really means a lot to me. Love, Naina. 💕