Chapter 1

"Mom! I'll head out now," I announced as I grabbed my luggage that's full of my clothes and stuff.

"Is it today?" my mother, Houmi asked loudly from the kitchen.

"Yeah. I'll go with Mimi. She'll send Kugisaki to Tokyo by train," I replied.

"You don't want to bring your car with you?"

"Mom! I don't want to be their driver, hmph! Besides, commuting is fun with Kugisaki and Mimi. Who knows if we saw someone out there looking for models, right? We can be scouted, you know?!" I joked as I walked my way towards the kitchen.

"Figures. Suit yourself then. Let me know if you want to get your car. I'll have Ryōhei drive it to you, okay?" my mother sweetly said.

I stood at the door frame with one foot crossed as I stared at her.

"Alright, mom. Tell Pops I really have to go now. Time's running," I said and ran in her direction to give my mother a kiss on her forehead.

She was about to hug me but then I realized she wasn't wearing any gloves.

"Hey! No, I wouldn't want you to turn my flawless skin into a decayed one! You don't have your protection!" I kiddingly said as we burst into laughter.

"Ahh, right. I forgot I was washing the dishes. Sorry about that, dear," Houmi giggled.

"No worries. Bye! Love you!" I waved her goodbye as I widely smiled before leaving our home.

I inherited my technique called "Putrefy" from my mother, Houmi Kaeda, who also inherited the technique from our ancestors. It was her maiden name before taking my dad's surname, which is Suzuki.

Putrefy, which means to be slowly destroyed by natural processes: to rot and become putrid after the user touches the target with her palm.

Everything we touch with our bare palm decays, even with the slightest intent to kill. That's why we always had to wear fingerless gloves that would cover our palms to prevent us from taking the life of anything we take hold of.

It's a perfect offensive technique.

However, my cursed technique called "Mirror, Mirror" is the total opposite. The technique's main purpose is to defend, but it can be also be used for defense and offense.

Depends on the user.

It's a damage reflection technique, where I would be immune to any kind of physical attacks for about 10-15 minutes, whether does it have cursed energy or not. Not only that, but the physical attacks absorbed by my cursed energy would reflect the damage twice back to the one who inflicted the attack like a mirror.

"Might as well take a cab to Morioko Station," I whispered to myself.

Since I'm closer to the station, it will only mean that I'll be the one who has to wait for Rimei and Kugisaki to arrive, even if they left their house earlier than me. Then, we'll go to Tokyo altogether.

I spent my time looking around like some tourist because of my luggage.

After running in circles around the place, my phone rang.

~ Mimi Calling ~

I picked it up at the first ring when I saw Rimei's name pop up.

"Hey, where you at? We're here,"

"Oh, already? I'm strolling,"

"What are you? A tourist?!"

"Uhm, yeah?"

"Come on,"

"Aight, I'll head there right away,"