He reached up and ran the fingers of his left hand over the tattoos on my shoulder, watching his hand as he done so.

"Do all of these mean something to you?" He asked quietly in a curious tone and I nodded my head. "Every single one of them?" He asked, gently tracing his fingers over my tattoos lacing down my arm.

"Every single one of them." I echoed, inclining my head slightly.
"Did your grandma get to see them all?" He asked in a cautious tone and I shook my head.

"I got my first tattoo the week after she passed away." I explained.
"You were rebelling?" He guessed and I nodded my head. "But you were only thirteen." He said and I sighed.

"There was a tattoo party one of the older guys at my school was having. I found out, gatecrashed with a couple bottles of my grandpa's booze and they let me jump ahead. It became a bit of a regular thing. They'd have a party and I'd supply the booze. My grandpa was always too drunk to notice a couple bottles of his whiskey or vodka gone anyway let alone a big ugly tattoo on my arm."

"He was a hard liquor guy?"
"Still is as far as I know." I said with an incline of my head.

"What's this one?" Spencer asked, tracing the floral vine on my forearm with the small birds at my elbow sat on the top of the vine.

"Daisies were my grandma's favourite flower, and robins were her favourite bird." I explained.
"Oh," Spencer said in a sweet tone, nodding his head. "I didn't recognise what they were exactly because there's no colour," He said. "But that's kind of beautiful." He added.

"I didn't want any colour," I said softly. "I was pretty adamant about that when I was a kid."
"What was the last one you got?" He asked and I smirked. I rolled onto my stomach and gestured to my back where the tiny little footprints led from my ribs to the centre of my back where words were tattooed horizontally across the centre of my back.

"That's beautiful." Spencer said with a nod, tracing over the words gently before I rolled back onto my side again.

"My old friend Caitlyn?" I said and Spencer nodded at the memory of the girl who'd blown my cover almost a year ago now.

"She was my best friend when I lived in New York, and I was extremely close with her younger brother and sister. The last thing her little brother said to me were those words," I said.

"They knew I had to go away for a very long time and they knew they'd probably never see me again. His little sister didn't really understand. She was only three. He was five, a little older, and he said that no matter where I am in the world the moon will always follow me and guide me home whenever I'm scared. I thought that was a pretty beautiful thing for a kid to say."

Spencer leaned forward and kissed the corner of my mouth, his breath pooling my face before he sighed and pressed our foreheads together.

"That is a lovely thing to say." He agreed and I smiled, knowing that we had to get ready.

"Where're you going?" He pouted as I rolled to the other side of the bed and wrapped the sheet around my body as I got to my feet.

"Well, we are here to work Spence," I said a little sadly and turned to see his pouted lips, his pleading expression begging with me from the bed.

"And I have to go to the pharmacy before we head to the station." I explained and he frowned, sitting up on the bed as I retrieved my go-bag.

"Pharmacy?" He echoed. "What for? Is something wrong?" He asked and I turned to face him with a smirk.

"You forgot your coat last night, babe," I joked. "I kind of need to get something for that this morning." I shrugged and smiled sweetly at him before heading inside the bathroom.