My mouth fell open but I quickly closed it.

If Saint's mom knew that Roderick was a demon, then she was worse than I thought.

I couldn't confirm what she did or did not know, but this newfound discovery meant that she wasn't unfamiliar with angels and demons. She knew Saint was an angel and she knew the twins would be demons. The question that I couldn't piece together was: why?

Why did she kick me out of the house when she found out? Why did she let Kate stay?

What was I missing?

"So you both were in on it then?" my mom scoffed. "You both have been spying on my daughter! You both were aware of the relationship she has with your son. You know what he is, and you know what she has to do to get her wings, so why would you let the relationship continue? It's almost as if you wanted her to kill him."

Rod and Saint's mom exchanged looks for a mere second but we had all caught the brief exchange.

The room went indescribably quiet and the tension only grew with every second that passed. My stomach fell, and I couldn't let the words I wanted to scream escape my throat.

"Oh my god," my mother gasped. "You wanted her to kill him, didn't you?"

Rod opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Everyone around me, including Khalil, had shocked expressions on their faces.

"It makes sense," my mother laughed. "I was wondering how an insignificant half-angel would have survived the rapture the council did on those poor kids. Hundreds of babies were killed and yet your son survived?"

My mother came up to Saint's mom and began to circle around her slowly. She was scary at this moment, and it was a side to her I had never seen before.

"Lucifer somehow protected Luci so that she wouldn't be killed. I'm not sure how he did it, but the council didn't find her," she explained.

Rod's jaw was clenched as he watched this all unfold. His eyes met mine for a second before he refocused his attention back on my mother.

"Arabella, isn't it?" my mom asked.

Saint's mom nodded. She looked terrified as my mom smiled sweetly.

"Well, Arabella, I must know," she said. "What deal did you make with Lucifer in order to protect your son?"

Arabella's face turned white as she began to profusely shake her head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, cut the shit," she laughed. "You can't honestly think I believe that Saint miraculously survived on his own, or by your own protection. So tell me, what deal did you make?"

Arabella gulped and she took a deep breath. Her hands were shaking, as she tried to keep her composure.

"It wasn't an easy choice," she sniffled. "I just didn't want Saint to be hurt and Lucifer said he could protect him, as long as I..."

"As long as you what?" my mother asked.

Her face was close to Arabella's. Demanding and stern. Rod came up to her and gently pushed her a few inches away.

"Mallory," he warned.

My mom pushed Rod so hard that he stumbled back and fell onto the ground. She came up to Arabella and squeezed one of her wrists tight.

"As long as you what?" she asked again.

Her stare was villainous. Whether they wanted to or not, she would get her answers
out of them today.