He was the one who could make you see sense though and was the one who made you see things in the right way rather than the wrong way. He was the voice of reason in so many different situations and he knew just how to deal with things, even when everyone else was at a total loss, he would still have an idea which would work. Despite his young age he did actually know what he was doing most of the time.

        I swear Blake. I am not pushing these things out until you get here. Ellie shouted at me through the mate link and she was stubborn enough to actually do that. Even with a doctor between her legs, demanding that she push, she would lay there and refuse to do anything until I showed up.

        “What’s funny?” Luca asked as I laughed into the silence.

        “Ellie. She’s refusing to give birth until I get there,” I told him.

        “You think she would manage that?” Luca asked in amusement.

        “I don’t want to wait and find out. She will murder me herself if I don’t get there now,” I laughed and then continued onto the other set of stairs, taking them three at a time again as I reached the door to the second floor. I pulled it opened with another moment’s thought, Luca and Jackson following behind me as I counted the doors on the right.

        I pushed open the seventh one, as she had told me to, and there she was. Shouting some abuse at the poor doctor who was in the room with her as he told her to push and she told him it wasn’t happening.

        “Good luck,” Jackson laughed as I walked into the room and took the seat beside Ellie, taking hold of her hand in my own and looked down at her. She was covered in sweat and looked like it was genuinely taking everything she had not to push those kids out until I got there – she was seriously a better woman than most I knew.

        “Sorry, but n—“

        “She isn’t going to do anything you tell her to unless I am here,” I told him as I turned my attention from Ellie to the doctor who was at the end of the bed.

        “It’s the rules. No vi—“

        “I don’t give a fuck what the rules say. You want me to give birth, he stays,” Ellie pretty much screamed at the poor guy. He must have been scared of her since he visibly flinched at the harshness of her words.

        “Stubborn one. Isn’t she?” I laughed.

        “Alpha, I can’t bend the rules. Not ev—“

        “Not five minutes ago you were telling me to fucking push. Now you’re lecturing me about having visitors in the room?” Ellie shouted at the man and now I could see the fear in his eyes. It was almost humorous because she wasn’t scary but I guess being pregnant and told what to do doesn’t really mix, especially when they’re as stubborn as Ellie is.

        “Fine. He can stay if it will get you to do as you’re told,” the doctor sighed as a scream ripped through the room and Ellie’s grip on my hand tightened to the point that I thought it was going to go numb from the lacking blood flow.

        “I fucking hate you Blake,” she screamed as the doctor told her to push and he screams tore through the room.

        “I love you too El. I love you too,” I muttered as I held back the laugh which I wanted to release. It would only end badly for me if I was to laugh but I was finally going to get to meet my children, even if they decided that they were going to turn up ten weeks earlier than planned. I was going to be a father and that thought made me smile.