Step One: Denial

Sasuke watched from afar, a look of guilt in his eyes. He paid no attention to the girl who held his  hand. After the realization, he knew he wouldn't keep going like this. 

He watched as the blond boy laughed while sitting on the bleachers, a girl with mint hair next to him. Sasuke was afraid that maybe Naruto liked the girl, not him. His mind drifted to a past conversation.

"We're just like brothers"

'ugh...I brother-zoned myself' Sasuke thought to himself, mentally smacking his head. He was brought out of his thoughts by a tugging on his arm. He glanced down, locking eyes with almost aqua-green eyes. He cocked an eyebrow, almost as if he was asking what she wanted.

"Wanna go to the new cafe that opened later?? Please!!!!!" Sakura asked with a small pout, she gave him puppy eyes. They were similar to the ones Naruto would sometimes give him when he wanted ramen, just Sasuke would always cave to those. 

"Okay, fine" He said coldly. The girl cheered, turning her attention back to the people on the sports field. Sasuke stared at the back of her head, his eyebrows knit tightly. Of course, after he finally understood what was going on with the situation, his love for a specific blond showed. He finally could come to terms with it...but then again, it was his fault. He had gotten a girlfriend just to prove he wasn't gay.

How had it gotten to this point?

-

Two Months Earlier...

Two teens walked through the school doors together. They were engaged in a happy conversation, their full book bags hanging off of their shoulders. One had bright blond, spiky hair. He wore the school uniform, which was a white dress shirt and light blue sweater vest, the school printed logo on the left side. He had dark navy dress pants. The other teen had shoulder length pink hair and a similar uniform to the blond boy, just with a navy skirt and high white socks.

"Naruto! Sakura!" A voice boomed through the loud hallways filled with teenager. A blonde girl with a high ponytail ran up to the pair. Both turned their heads to the blonde, smiling.

"Hey ino, what's up?" Naruto said with his normal grin. He stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Hey Ino!" Sakura said happily. 

"Okay, so guess what?!?" Ino squealed. Sakura quirked an eyebrow. 

"What?" Sakura asked with a small attitude. Ino simply smiled and nodded. She grabbed both of their wrists, pulling them towards their first period classroom. They walked through the open door and were met with a small group of girls giggling. Ino pointed to the desk Sasuke sat at. He had a wet spot on his shirt, water had spilled on his desk and he was currently trying to wipe the water off his shirt. You could see a bit of his abs from the wet spot, which is what the girls were giggling about. 

"oh my god...Sasuke is so hot" Sakura whispered with a blush on her face. Ino silently agreed while Naruto just stared. He did the best he could to hide the small blush, luckily no one noticed.

"I don't see what's so great about that?" Naruto lied. Both of the girls rolled their eyes as all three made their way to their seats. 

"Yeah because your a boy, plus you've probably already seen Sasuke naked or something in the locker room" Ino replied. She sat right in front of Sakura while Naruto sat next to the pinkette. And she wasn't wrong, Naruto had seen Sasuke in only his boxers before, but they were younger and he wouldn't have cared at the time.

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever" Naruto rolled his eyes. He placed his book bag on his desk, taking out the white binder he had. The binder had a bunch of stickers on it, those stickers being of foxes and ramen.