7:

That next evening, we were in Tortuga. I sat in the captain's quarters, while Jack sat outside taking the new crew members aboard the Pearl.

Hours fly by, and the front door opens, to show my sister, with her hair cut to her shoulders.

"Bethie?" I called, hoping I was right, and my sister ran to me, hugging me.

"Oh, Anna, you're okay. When Father had told me you left, I was so worried. Are you alright?" She asks me.

"I'm fine, Elizabeth. Jack saved my baby." I tell her, and she looks down at my stomach, now noticing the wraps.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Cannibals. They shot me and William with arrows. It's okay. The baby is okay." I tell her, and she smiles, before kneeling.

She places her hands on my stomach, and smiles.

"You're a warrior, already. Just like your mother." She whispers, causing me to laugh.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, and she smiles.

"I thought I'd be married by now." She tells me, a small tear falling down her cheek.

"Bethie, you'll marry William. I know you two will. Maybe not today, or tomorrow but you will." I tell her, and she laughs.

"What about you and Jack? He obviously fancies you, you know. He isn't the type to go for just anyone." She told me.

"I'm aware. I don't know what the future holds for me and Jack, but I know I can't be without him, Bethie. I don't know what you would call it. He kept his promise. He didn't forget about me, Bethie, and that alone-" I begin, and she nods.

"That alone proves how much he cares for you. It shows you that you can be loved, Anna, even with your baggage." She continues, and I smile, knowing what she means.

"DO you love him?" She asks, and I look at her.

"I- I'm not sure. I can see myself falling for him, yes, but have I?" I ask her.

"We'll talk more after we get Will back." She tells me, and I nod. She hugs me once more, I smile, my fingers twirling my mother's old locket in my fingers.

If we get William back.