Prologue - New member.

Start from the beginning

They say the grass is greener,

"Same as always." A blondie said.

I think my grass is dank.

I hid silently in the corner, tired and sweaty. I didn't want somebody to notice me and embarrass me. But somebody did. "Did you see how the new kid hid behind me? She looked super scared." Another blonde said, but this time it was a male and his hair was messier.

Driving with the drank on an empty tank to the bank.

"Yeah. I never thought anyone would hide behind you, Kyle." The girl with the dreadlocks snickered. A lizard boy smiled(?) and nodded. The male that I presumed to be Kyle got really angry and everyone just bursted into laughter.

Do you feel me? Take a look inside my brain.

I tried to hide deeper into the shadows, but the cat girl felt my presence, somehow. "Hey, why you hiding? Embarrassed?" She teased. I looked down.

The people always different, but it always feels the same.

She seemed to notice and walked over to me. "Hey, don't be. My name is Catra." Catra held out her hand. I just backed away, still terrified of everyone. The female blonde walked over to us as well. "I'm Adora!" She smiled. "That's Lonnie," She pointed to the girl with dreadlocks. "That's Kyle," She pointed to the male blonde. "And that's Rogelio!" She pointed to the lizard boy. "You're Y/n, right?" I nodded. "Wanna be friends?" Catra seemed to flinch at this, but didn't say anything. I just trembled and went to our room.

That's the real me, pop the champagne.

I started crying. I didn't know what to do.

The haters wanna hurt me and I'm laughing at the pain.

I lied down on my bed and wondered why I was trying to escape. I may have been 3, but I had a brain. I knew that if I wanted to survive in this scary place, I was going to need to toughen up.

Staying still, eyes closed. Let the world just pass me by.

I stayed on my bed and ignored the people that walked in. I ignored the things they said to me, I ignored the questions they asked. I ignored a tan hand waving in front of my face.

Pain pills, nice clothes. If I fall, I think I'll fly.

Somebody pushed me. I knew that they just meant to nudge me a little, but I ended up falling off the bed. I quickly caught myself and sat on the bed, rooting myself with my claws. "Catra!" scolded a voice I recognized to be Adora's. "What? I didn't mean to push her off the bed!"

Touch me, Midas. Make me part of your design.

I just huffed and turned still as stone. I didn't want to socialize because A, nobody likes socializing on their first day, B, I still had the idea that I needed to toughen up, C, I was still scared of everyone.

A few weeks later, I still refused to talk to anyone is my squadron. It was three weeks of me hiding behind them, hiding in the shadows after training, and lying on my bed, slowly nibbling at my ration bar. But one day, I somehow managed to find cadets from another squadron. They bumped into me, on purpose, and glared at me.

None to, guide us.

"Hey! What was that for?!" One of them yelled. I saw a white haired... IS SHE A SCORPION?? Well, she just tried to hold them back, but failed. An older kid punched me and another threw me to the ground. "Hey, guys. Maybe we shouldn't be doing this." The scorpion girl said. I let the first tear shed in a few weeks.