||~x~||

Natsu had found a way to start a fight with Gray the moment he stepped through the guild doors. Even though he hadn't come out and said why, the pyro had just launched a challenge with an insult and they were at it.

Kia sighed, walking over to the table to sit with the others.

V raised an eyebrow at Kia, "What's got him all riled up this morning?"

The pink-haired girl shrugged as she laid Gray's coat on the back of his chair, "Does he ever really have a reason?"

Lucy took a sip of her drink, "I still don't understand where he gets all the energy from."

Wendy and Carla walked over, the Exceed sighing, "That's probably why he's constantly whining about food."

Wendy gave a small laugh, hoping to diffuse the small amount of tension she could feel beginning to form. It was at that point that the guild doors swung open again.

Kinana smiled warmly at the small group that had just walked in, "Welcome! May I help you?"

"Wonderful. It seems the rumors were true." a deep voice spoke with an air of cheer.

Some of the Fairy Tail members questioned who could be paying them a visit, until the five figures stepped in further so that the morning light was no longer hiding their faces.

"Hello my lovelies!" Sherry waved, "I'm glad to hear your deaths were exaggerated."

The members of Lamia Scale were met with smiles (and few jokes and jabs) as they all spread out to mingle with the friends they had thought they had lost seven years ago. The Mythics found themselves off to the side, trying to stay out of the way without missing out on the fun. Kia couldn't help the smile that slowly grew across her face.

"Warning," V whispered to Amber loud enough for her other friend to hear, "sentimental sister mode has been activated."

The dark-haired girl sighed, "You better watch it before it switches over to protective mode."

"My god, I never believed in true love until now."

The three turned back to the group to see the white-haired boy who had been bantering with Gray approaching a very fluster Juvia. Kia and V held back their chuckles, overly amused to see the usually lovestruck mage not knowing what to do when the treatment was turned in her direction.

Then something kind of surprising happened.

"Okay icicle head," the black-haired girl said as she slid between him and Juvia, "you can take about a hundred paces backwards and learn to respect the lady's space."

Both Kia and V, along with the older members of Team Natsu, stared at the unusually confrontational behavior coming from Amber. It wasn't that the blood mage couldn't be harsh, it was more along the lines that she very rarely chose to be.

Lyon put his hands up in front of him in surrender, "I meant nothing by it."

Gray and the rest of Team Natsu stared at the ice wizard in confusion and shock; they had never seen Lyon backdown like that. They were all curious as to the look Amber must have been giving him. Her teammates were more curious as to what had truly caused the outburst. A twinkle shone in both of their eyes as they turned to glance at each other. A smirk crossed Kia's lips as a more devious grin came to Verani.

||~x~||

The excitement had started to die down after that. Many of the Lamia Scale members disappeared to talk with some of those in Fairy Tail. Sherry seemed to be sticking close to Lucy and Wendy's group as Yuka talked with Natsu and Romeo. Even Gray and Lyon had made their way outside to do a little training and some talking.