Chapter:7

Sitting on the monkey bars in the park, I kicked my feet as I hung above the ground. I needed some time alone for myself. What Darry had said got to me, I wasn't sure if Dally really was someone I wanted. Looking up I could see that the sun was setting now, the sound of grasshoppers chirping was now filling my ears. Dallas still flooded my mind though, he was a hood, so would could I really expect from him. Jumping down off the monkey bars I decided that maybe Darry was right. 

The dried spot of grass crunched under my feet as I walked away from the monkey bars. Looking over to the fountain I watched the water, there was something calm and peaceful about it. That moment was broken when I could see the same blue car riding slow, shock filled me as I watched it stop dead in its tracks. The tires made a squeak as it came to a halt, "is someone messing with me?" I said to myself.         

My stomach felt like it fell to the floor when I saw Bob step out from the driver seat, along with a few of his buddies. Without a second thought, I bolted. They weren't slow to think either as they did the same, they were fast while I was full of adrenaline speed. My legs began to burn as I tried my best to fight through the pain that was surging through my chest. Looking back I knew they were going to get me, I let out a cry as I pushed myself even harder. 

It was over, I knew it deep down in my bones. slowing down I stopped then dropped trying to catch my breath. The sky began to darken as I could hear thunder, then the tiny drops of rain. Behind me I could hear Bob and his friends, "Not fast enough huh?". Bob said before grabbing a hand full of my hair. Letting out a cry I grabbed onto his wrists as I tried to fight back this time. "Fuck you!" I said before spitting in his face, I felt a sting as I became dazed by a punch to my face. Bob dropped me as I fell back to the ground, his friends were watching, they looked worried for me. "She's had enough", his friend said stepping up, "Back off Randy!". Bob looked furious, his friend backed down not wanting to get on his bad side.

This time I felt excruciating pain, Bob had kicked me in the stomach too which I began coughing. "Say it again you little bitch!", he said before punching me in the face again. Blood filled my mouth as I spat it onto the concrete, hissing with pain, I laid there feeling defeated. Bob was done now as he turned his back leaving with his friends. 

Lifting myself up, I could only see out of one eye, everything was dark now. The rain was pouring harder, I could see my breath as I huffed. Scanning around I walked back towards the park. Every breath I took was raspy and shaky, the pain became too much for me as I struggled to keep myself up. My vision became blurry as I stumbled to make my way home. I could see a blurry figure as I tried to reach out for it, it ran to me, catching me right as I fell unconscious.