Chapter: 1

My bags laid in the dirt as I waited for my brothers to pick me up. I stood there still in my uniform, I was going to an all-girls-only boarding school. Sadly next year I was unable to continue my stay there, my brothers couldn't afford it anymore. I, as a mature woman, understood that since I was now sixteen. In fact, I was the one who decided it was best to just return home. I think all my brothers loved knowing I wasn't around boys, the upside to it was they didn't have to fight anyone. I knew my brothers loved to rumble. I wasn't so sure this was a good idea, on the other hand, I didn't want Darry and Soda to break their backs anymore for me. 

 Looking up I could see Darrys blue truck, I smiled and began to wave. The dirt flew up when Darry Braked, I waved the dirt away as I coughed. "Where are Soda and Pony?", I said with confusion, along with disappointment. Darry gave a smile while getting out of the truck to put my bags in the back for me. "They got a surprise for you back home, so we gotta hurry little sister".  Jumping into the truck excitedly I asked no more, my excitement was so much that I couldn't keep still. My brother hopped in and began the drive back home.

"So how have you guys been? I  missed you so much," I said leaning over to kiss my eldest brother on the cheek. Darry just gave a side smirk "Hey, I'm supposed to ask how you've been". chuckling I said back in my seat while twiddling my fingers, "So, I've been good and I made many friends". My excitement toned down once I realized that I wouldn't have friends anymore. My voice even changed as I spoke again, "I...I guess I'll have to make new ones though".  My brother Darry looked almost guilty like it was his fault, he reached over and patted my leg to cheer me up. "Don't worry about that, that won't be hard for you". He focused back onto the road, as did I, I noticed we were almost home. Everything still looked the same, my chest felt warm as I smiled seeing my home. I felt the truck stop as Darry put it in park.

Jumping out of the truck I slammed the door and rushed inside, all my excitement wanted to know what was behind the door. Running up the pathway I was met by two-bit, he looked like he barely knew me as he stared in shock. "Hi, two-bit!" I said as I tried to run past him, before being snatched up by him.  "Wow, wait it ain't ready now Y/N," he said laughing while holding me by my waist. Giving up I instead hugged Two-bit, "you look so different, and you got stronger", he said while acting like I was squishing him. I giggled as I let go, tucking hair behind my ear while looking him up and down. "You look the same, I take it you are still eating cake and watching Mickey?". He gave a grin while revealing his Mickey shirt under his leather jacket. "Two-bit go ahead and let her in!", sodapop yelled loudly. 

Taking a step inside my eyes began to tear up as I saw a handmade, 'Welcome Home' sign. Sodapop and Pony threw toilet paper confetti at me, which had me laughing. I hugged them, then everyone else, Johnny, then Steve but I felt like someone was missing. "Man, where is Dally?"  said Johnny with a strain in his voice. Dally was missing, I was actually kind of happy since the last time I saw him, Dallas called me annoying. All I wanted was to go hang out with ponyboy and Johnny, Dallas just so happened to show up. That was when I was fourteen, I was scared that he was still the same jerk. It was settled now, I would not forgive him, I was also going to stand my ground now that I was sixteen.

"Finally you show up," said two-bit annoyed. "Ah bite me!", Dallas growled as he entered the house with an unlit cigarette tucked between his lips. Our eyes locked, Dallas looked like he had seen a ghost. Averting my eyes I focused my attention on my brother Ponyboy, he was enjoying a pop. That was until two-bit pointed his finger at pony's chest, then scooped his nose. I giggled as I watched Ponyboy set his soda down, he and Two-bit were now wrestling in the living room. "Got a light" Dallas said to me as he moved close to me. I rolled my eyes which Dallas saw, "How does it feel to be back?". Ignoring him I kept my eyes on pony and two-bit, I could feel his eyes burning into me. I knew Dallas wasn't used to being ignored, especially by girls. "You go mute while being down there?" he said sounding frustrated. "No!" I said annoyed while he just gave a smug look, he knew what he was doing. He was getting under my skin now, he knew how to play this well. "So she speaks, can I get that light now" he laughed. It felt like he was laughing at me like he wanted to piss me off. It was working, I just walked away wanting to get away from him. 

Everything felt perfect as I watched my brothers, whom I missed dearly. I was here to stay now so I never had to miss them while being away. Now things would be different, I could even get to know everyone else better. Everyone but Dallas, I thought to myself as I looked over out of the corner of my eye to him. Dallas was leaning on the frame of the kitchen as he watched Ponyboy struggle to keep a hold on two-bit. Ponyboy began to cough as he struggled more, "that's why I don't do cancer sticks!", said two-bit. I couldn't agree with him more, those things were ruining my brother's health, in fact, it was ruining all my brother's. 

I was now Watching Mickey on the tv, I couldn't help it but I was already tired from my journey here. I didn't want to be rude but I also didn't want to pass out on the living room floor. "I'm gonna go take a nap", I said to my brothers. Ponyboy went to give me hell but Darry interrupted him, "It's okay, your room is still the same so go on and take a nap". Smiling I waved by to everyone as I went to my room, all while Dallas was walking out the front door. Sighing I headed down the hall with my bags.