~*~

Maggie and I followed Deanna around, watching her as she talked to the people and met with Rick and Michonne for any reports. My mood certainly lifted when Rick kissed me before we left them. Who knew one man could make me revert into a blushing, hormonal teenager? We walked the street with Deanna, my watch beeping, letting me know that it was 5 p.m. Glenn and the rest weren't back yet, and they left at around 11:30 this morning. This was supposed to be a quick and easy run. That's why they took Eugene with them! Deanna droned on about her vision of the future as we returned to her place.

"June!" The three of us paused to see who had called out for me. Selena came running up to me, her face flushed, hair sticking up in odd angles and definitely different from how she had it this morning, and her lips were a deep shade of blotchy pink. The shade complemented her ivory skin, but where is she getting lipstick from, and why is it so blotchy? Carl came rushing behind her, a bright smile and a slight shade of that same deep pink around his mouth. I was able to piece two and two together and decided that I would have to sit them down and have a nice chat with them. Deanna and Maggie stood behind me, chuckles leaving them as the two teenagers tackled me in an embrace, nearly knocking me off my feet and punching the air out of my lungs.

"You guys trying to kill me?" I wheezed as oxygen struggled to enter my lungs. Selena giggled and pulled away, looking much younger than she was. I knew this place would be good for the two of them!

"Jessie cut my hair today," Selena quickly and excitedly informed me before she got down to business, "I wanted to ask you if it's okay if Carl and I make dinner tonight?"

"Woah," Carl quickly interjected with wide eyes, "What's this about Carl and I? You're the one that wants to do this!" Selena scowled at him, and he immediately raised his hands in surrender, giving in to her. I chuckled and brushed Carl's hair back, wondering why he also didn't get a haircut. As a matter of fact, I could use a haircut. Maybe I should go to Jessie's and see if she could cut it later? Also, I should thank her for always opening her home to these two. I may not like the woman, but hey, she's not a bad person. I'm just too busy being a teenager and being jealous.

"Anyway," Selena continued, her attention back on me, "Do you mind? It's my way of thanking you and Rick for taking me in and protecting me." My heart fluttered and felt full, and emotion swelled within me. It wasn't even a question when I first saw Selena. I knew I would take her back and bring her into the fold, and I'm so glad she's here with us right now. I reached forward and embraced her, squeezing her tightly as I nodded. Then, kissing her on the head, I pulled away and held her face between my hands, smiles spreading across our faces.

"Just make sure you guys clean whatever you dirty, okay?" I told her as I let go, a smirk taking over my features, "By the way, that's a pretty shade of pink you both have on," Selena flushed, and Carl's eyes went wide, light pink peppering across his skin, "We'll talk when I get home tonight, okay?" They nodded together and slowly walked away from me, keeping a few feet between them. I chuckled and turned toward the two women with smiles on their faces.

"They're cute together, aren't they?" Deanna had a starry gaze on her face as she watched them walk down the street, "I would love to hear more about how you adopted them,"

"They are pretty cute," Maggie chuckled. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and motioned the two women forward, hoping to escape this heat.

"I'm going to have to keep a better eye on them," I sighed as I shut the door behind us, "Two teenagers with raging hormones?" I rhetorically asked, feeling somewhat stressed about that whole situation.

"Carl was already sporting some lipstick. He's got the girl, but can he keep her?" Maggie chuckled, taking a seat as we settled in Deanna's office. Deanna snorted and nodded, her eyes coming upon me.