Secrets (Julie x Nick)

(A/N: No ghosts. A few months before the whole ghost thing.)
Julie Pov
Nick walked over to me to ask me about some homework for math class during lunch. After a few minutes of talking, Carrie walked over to us.
“Hey Julie, stay away from my boyfriend,” Carrie called out to me. I looked at Flynn who just shrugged.
Nick looked at me apologetically as he was dragged out by a very annoyed Carrie Wilson.
“Dude what's her problem today?” Flynn asked.
“I really don’t know. It's been only a few months since she dropped me as a friend and she’s been so attached to Nick. Why can’t I have one normal conversation with him without Carrie interrupting? I just want to talk to him,” I said, sighing.
“Girl, you have to get some guts and start standing up for yourself. Be strong, Jules. Look, I know it's been hard but I know she wouldn’t have wanted you to give up,” Flynn replied. I knew who SHE was. She was my mom and I know my mom would probably be disappointed in me for not staying strong and continuing music.

"I get it. I really like Nick okay? But How can I talk to him if he's dating Carrie? I get she's being rude to me but I don't want to hurt her. She was like a sister to me. And I still care about her." I sighed.

Flynn nudged me. " You're too good for this world Jules."

I sighed, picking up my bag and walking out of school with Flynn.

~later that day~

I sat in my room and felt like crying. I never got what I wanted. I kept secrets to make everyone seem like I was okay. My mother died and everyone had been waiting for me to break. I just want a win. I want to be with Nick.

But I also know that Carrie has had it rough too. Her mom left when she was younger and she only ever wanted to look good in her father's eyes.

My phone buzzed and I looked down. I expected it to be my dad saying he would be working late again but it turned out to be Nick.

Nick: Hey I was just checking in on you. Carrie was kind of harsh today and I wanted to know if u were ok.

I immediately responded.

Julie: Hey Nick, yeah I'm okay. You know how Carrie can be sometimes. Thanks for checking in on me

I sighed, he really was the sweetest person ever.

My phone buzzed again.

Nick: Julie look outside ur window ^_^

I turned off my phone, hopped off my bed and looked out my window. Nick was standing outside my window. Nick. HE was there. And he was holding a bag full of stuff.

This boy couldn't do anything wrong. I opened my window and whisper yelled at him.

"Nick what are you doing here?" I asked him smiling.

"Well, I've been noticing you for a while now and I've seen you all down and mopey so I figured you could use cheering up. If that's okay with you of course, I could leave of you want."

"NO," I yelled. I wonder at my tone. "Sorry, um can you not leave. I'd love for you to stay." I smiled at him.

"Sure, do you want to come outside or we could go inside. It's up to you," He asked

"Oh I could let you in and we can hang out in my room," I said. "one second and I'll be down there to unlock the door,"

I ran down the stairs. I thought it would annoy Carlos but then I remembered he had baseball practice.

I opened the door and Nick came in. I led him upstairs and we sat down on my bed together.

"Okay, Julie this may would weird but I've been watching you. I have your favorite candy, movie, chips, and I got you one of my hoodies." He looked at me and smiled. "I want you to be happy"

"Nick you literally are so sweet, thank you so much," I choked out. I felt tears forming in my eyes. No one did this with me, not since my mom. Not even Flynn.

"Are you okay?" Nick asked. He moved closer and put a hand on my back. I scooter towards him even though I felt so stupid.

"Sorry" I said. " It's just that no one has done this for me and you're the first person that's actually noticed how I'm feeling. you're the first person that's actually cared and done something about it." Silent tears streamed down my face. "My dad thought it was best to send me to Dr Turner and my brother and Aunt did their best to get me space. Flynn just kept on waiting for me to get back to normal. But Nick I think you're the only one to keep me sane. I just want to tell you now, before anything else. I really like you and I know you're with Carrie and I don't want to hurt her feelings but I just thought you should know. You mean more to me right now in this moment then anyone I could have ever imagined. Thank you for this." I turned away from Nick ashamed.

"Julie, Wait. I really do like you too and it's not because you just confessed me and it's because I feel bad. But I'm only with Carrie because she thinks she looks good with me. I've actually been noticing you for a few years. Like when you sing your whole face lights up. And whatever you talk about your family you always have this soft tone in your voice. And I know even though Carrie hurt you, you still care about her." Nick turned my hear towards him. "I broke up with Carrie about 2 hours before I came to your house. I couldn't deal with her and seeing her hurt you all the time. Julie Molina, I love you."

My heartbeat quickened for a second my tears dry. Nick loves me.
And I love him.

All these years, all this time that I've been scared and confused and holding back I could have been happier.

I smiled. "Can I tell you a secret?" I whispered into Nick's ear.

"I love you too."