But as I reached over to grab the pepper shaker my hand grazed the tall wax of the candle and in one split second I watched as the tiny flame blew up, as if there was a small bomb before proceeding back to it's size. 

It was as if it were slow motion, how the flame rose up in a sharp motion - I knew I hadn't imagined it, it happened right in front of me after all. 

"Did you... did you see that?" I asked, jerking my head over to where my parents sat. 

"Hmm?" My mother hummed looking up from her newspaper. "Did you say something dear?" 

My grey eyes roamed over to where my father sat and he portrayed an equally puzzled look but when his eyes locked with mine, he quickly looked away and jumped up to take the dishes back. 

"Bella." My mom said again "What did you say?" 

"N-nothing." I stammered. "I just... imagined something." 

It was another ten minutes, of my parents silently eating as I convinced myself that I had imagined the candle flame blow up thing - or whatever it was. But finally, my father's eyes looked up to our grandfather clock and said - 

"We should get going Bella, you're going to be late." 

After saying my goodbyes to my mother, I grabbed my school bag and followed my father out of the kitchen, then out of our house and to the car. 

"So, you know the mayor," I asked as I hopped into the passenger seat. "Anyone else in the town?" 

"Well I wouldn't say I know the majority of the people in the town." He replied, staring the car up and beginning to drive out of our new lengthy driveway. "More like know of them - no one your age though I'm afraid, besides the Mayor's son who you met the day before last." 

"Right, in my embarrassing pajama's." I nodded "Yeah, I think that memory will forever haunt my nightmares - what was their deal anyway? They seemed way to serious." 

"Well it's a serious town Bells." My dad chuckled with a shrug of his shoulders. "But I like it... I can see us sticking around here for awhile." 

"Yeah for six months." I grumbled crossing my arms over my chest in my stubborn pout. 

"No I don't think so." He replied, turning a corner onto the school's street. "Your mother and I have been talking about settling down somewhere for awhile, and this town is just so fascinating that..." 

"Seriously?" I gap "I'm actually going to have a full year here? In one town?" 

"Looks like it." My dad grinned. 

We finally pulled into the school parking lot and up in front of the school. This was always the worst part of being 'The New Girl', herd's of students were situated outside the school's main doors hugging and catching up on  their summers spent god-knows-where. And as soon as I step out of this car, they'll turn to look at me and realize that I'm new... then well... the awkwardness will spread. 

"Have a good day kid." My dad grinned, motioning for me to step out of the car. "Oh - and don't forget your orientation booklet." He added nodding to the fat booklet situated on the dashboard. 

"Right, thanks." I said grabbing it. "See you after school." 

And with that, I opened up the door and stepped out. 

And just as expected I could feel just about everyone's eyes in the student body boring into me like daggers. But I couldn't let it faze me, I had dealt with this experience numerous times - I was used to it. So I strutted on ahead until I was safely in the school and away from the judgmental eyes.