Chapter 12: Of Hedgehogs and Flamingos. The Weirdest Croquet Match Ever!

In the last chapter, our travelers met the ruler of Wonderland, the Queen of Hearts and both Alice and Robin ended up getting roped into a croquet match with her. The White Rabbit blows on his trumpet, announcing the start of the croquet match, as the card soldiers scrambled to get ready. The King was giving orders, or at least trying to in a way.

King: To your places, to your places, By order of the king! Hurry, hurry, hurry!

About fifty-two card soldiers stacked themselves into a full deck, awaited further orders.

Card: Shuffle deck!

The deck splits in two and shuffles as instructed.

Card: Cards cut!

The deck cuts into two ala leapfrog.

Card: Deal cards!

The card soldiers then scattered themselves all across the garden in random fashion.

Card: Cards, halt!

The card stopped scattering lifted up to form croquet hoops. The White Rabbit herds four flamingos of different color into a bag and carried it to the Queen, who was going first. She pulls out the green and blue flamingos and swings them a bit to gauge their weight. When she was done, she discards the blue one for the green flamingo and stretches the bird out into a stiff mallet.

The White Rabbit brings in a pillow with three balls on it; one orange, one pink and one green. The rabbit picks up the green ball, which turns out to be a hedgehog, and places it on the ground for the Queen. Just as the Queen was about to start, Alice and Robin were given the flamingo bag, they took out the birds, but they tried to fly out of their hands, and it caused a ruckus. The ruckus was so bad that it broke the Queen's concentration.

Queen: SILENCE!!!!!!

The roar of her voice blow the girls back a bit. Robin manages to grab onto the orange flamingo while Alice got the pink one. Alice clamped the pink flamingo's beak shut to keep it from laughing like an idiot, disrupting the Queen.

The Queen regains her composure and prepares to swing. She gauges her mallet to the ball, aims carefully, make the windup and swings...missing the hedgehog entirely. As the spun around from the swing, the King went and urged the hedgehog to go anyway and roll before she stopped spinning. The cards leaped into the hedgehog's path, allowing him to roll under them and allow the Queen to win points. By the time he was done, the hedgehog was worn out, but the queen got perfect score from that run. Everyone cheered for the Queen's perfect shot, who was relishing the moment. The only people who weren't cheering were the Straw Hats.

Chopper: Did those guys just cheat for the Queen?

Sanji: That's what it looks like!

Robin: Well what did you expect, she is the queen, and you can't expect her to lose before her own court, do you?

Usopp: But she missed the ball on the first swing!

Robin: You'd rather she'd lose her temper and start having everyone's heads chopped off?

Usopp: Hmm...good point.

The Queen was still enjoying the praise from her "perfect" score; her flamingo mallet liked the praise as well. The Queen went for her next turn, this time the hedgehog got a running start as she swung. The card soldiers scrambled to form a straight line of hoops for the hedgehog to pass through. One card was unable to make it to the hedgehog in time and skid on the ground. Everyone looked in suspense and worry as the card missed the rodent, costing the Queen another perfect score. And you know what happens next?