Chapter 10: Seldom Followed Good Advice. Lost in the Tulgy Wood.

In the last chapter, Alice and our pirate friends had just got back from the craziest tea party they've been to. And at this point, they had all they could take of Wonderland, most of all Alice.

Alice: Well, I for one have had enough nonsense. I'm going home. Straight home.

Nami: Now that I can agree on! I've just about had it with this wild rabbit chase!

Luffy: Yeah! Who cares were that dumb bunny was going anyway!

Sanji: And the sooner we leave this insane asylum, the better.

In total agreement, the group trudged along through, until they came upon a sign that said...

Nami: Tulgy Wood...

Alice: Hmm, curious. I don't remember this.

Usopp: I guess we must've missed it on our way in...or out...or whatever.

The others looked around and unbeknownst to them, there were a number of pairs of eyes staring at them in a nearby tree. One of the pair of eyes came out to show a pair of eye-glasses with bird legs and a beak-like nose.

Alice: Now let me see...

The creature, very nimbly, lands on top Alice's shoulder, put in the glasses on her face. The Straw Hats did not notice this until Brook turns around to see Alice's new accessory.

Brook: Uh...Miss Alice, you have something over your face.

Alice: Hmm?

The others soon noticed the eye-glass bird on Alice, Luffy, Usopp and Chopper could not help but giggle at Alice's appearance. Suddenly, a bird that had a reflecting mirror for eyes emerged from another tree. It wasn't until Alice saw the mirror bird's reflection that she finally notices the glasses bird over her face. Robin removed the glasses and places them near the mirror bird.

Robin: Sorry, you two, but we have no time for anymore nonsense.

The group kept on walking, leaving the mirror bird and eye-glasses bird aside.

Nami: This isn't good, I think we might be lost.

Chopper: I don't like being lost...

Franky: So, where to now?

Alice: Now, if we came this way, we should go back this way!

Luffy: Hmm...that sounds like a good plan to me.

Nami: Luffy, that's the dumbest plan I've ever—

But before Nami could finish, Luffy stepped on something that honked loudly.

Luffy: Woah!

Luffy fell backwards in surprise as the honk came from a strange purple bird that looked like a bicycle horn. The horn bird herds its babies into a nearby pond and then honked angrily at Luffy before entering the pond. The ripples it created wakes up two odd looking frogs, one looked like a drum and the other was a cymbal. The two made rhythmic sounds as they hopped on by.

Alice: Goodness. When I get home I shall write a book about this place...

Sanji: Yeah...provided that we actually get home that is.

The group walked to a waterfall, where they soon began to hear what appeared to be happy squawking. Beneath the waterfall was what appeared to be umbrella birds, splishing and splashing about with happy abandon.

Alice: Oh, um, excuse me! Um, could one of you tell me...?

The birds noticed them and flew out to a nearby tree branch, glaring menacingly at the group. Their new appearance resembled that of vultures, a sight that causes some of the Straw Hats to gulp nervously.