twenty seven. 1 step forward, 3 steps back

Start from the beginning

"How's Shepherd treating you?" she asked. Mackenzie seemed more relieved now that Olivia was gone.

Alex shrugged. "He's fine. Our patient has a cyst and we're going to take it out through his nose."

"Oo, exciting. I'm with Izzie on Addison's service."

"The quints? Damn, you're lucky," sighed Alex.

She gave him a nudge. "I told Addison you'd be glad to help with the surgery."

Alex leaned down and kissed her in thanks. An idea popped in his head, a smirk forming on his face. "You know...I have thirty minutes until I have to check up on my patient again."

Mackenzie blushed, looking around to make sure no one heard them. "Alex Karev, what are you suggesting?"

Alex loved how embarrassed she was still when he made sexual innuendos to her. He leaned forward and whispered, "I want you."

Mackenzie's breath hitched. Alex took this as a sign to start walking to the nearest on-call room. He heard footsteps behind him, knowing he had succeeded. He rushed in and once Mackenzie was inside, he locked the door. He pinned her against the wall, kissing her roughly.

Alex needed physical touch almost every day. It was how he showed love and how he felt love. Her hands in his hair and soft moans in his ear made him absolutely crazy. Alex moved his lips down and started pressing kisses on her neck. He smiled as he bit her sweet spot just above her collarbone.

Mackenzie pushed him back and took off her shirt, leaving her in only her bra. Alex marveled at the sight, never getting tired of seeing her like this.

"You're so hot," he stated.

He moved back to her, placing his lips on her stomach now. He could feel goosebumps forming under his lips. His hands gripped her pants, ready to pull them down, but a beep went off.

"Crap," groaned Mackenzie.

Alex stepped back and sat back on the bed in frustration. He adjusted his pants and smoothed out his hair. God, this always happened.

"I'm so sorry, I need to go. It's George."

Alex stood up angrily. "Why the hell does he need you?"

Mackenzie laughed at his mini outburst. "I don't know. Probably needs help with a patient."

She kissed him goodbye and Alex stayed silent as she rushed out of the room. He was fuming, more than he probably should, but he couldn't help that he was a jealous person. Why did George page her? And why did she ditch their moment to go rush after him?

"Damn it!" he thought about punching the wall, but he couldn't damage his surgical hands.

Instead, he slapped the bed and walked out of the room, dreading the irritating day ahead of him.

And the day was irritating. His patient, Mr.Martin, was giving him a headache every time he came into his room. He kept asking for water, but it was just because of the cyst in his massive head. Alex thought he had finally gotten through to him, but when he got an urgent page, he came storming down the hallway and into the room.

He would roll his eyes at Olivia being here, but once he was informed that Mr.Martin was in the bathroom, he got a stray paperclip from his jacket pocket and tried to pick the locket.

"Open the door, Martin!" yelled Alex.

Can this damn paperclip open this damn door? grumbled Alex in his mind.

He heard water running and he banged on the door.

"I am an island. A beautiful island surrounded by water," said Martin.