"Why couldn't our mating process have been that easy?" I mumbled, more to myself than anyone. In response, Arabella punched me in the leg. It was a good punch to be fair to her, and it hurt, but I wasn't going to tell her that, no way.

Arabella Dimitri

It was weird seeing how Rachel and Shane were with eachother. They didn't even know eachother, yet they marked and mated within less than 24 hours. They were inseparable now though. I didn't want to be like that, I didn't want to depend on Nicholas, or for the lack of his presence to cause me pain. I wanted to travel the world, see all of the things I've never seen before. I know that Nicholas cannot just drop everything and go, so I'd have to do it alone, but I don't want to be in pain for the whole trip, then it won't be fun.

I was going to ask Sylvaria about it. I feel like she would know a way to break a mate bond, or put it on hold, or something like that. If there was a way, she'd know, and that's what I was counting on.

After two more days of travelling, we eventually reached a clearing in the large forest. Nicholas was next to me, looking around for any threat, as were the reach of them. There was no threat though, there was only a hidden mansion, where Sylvaria resided.

"Sylvaria," I called out into the empty clearing. Nick looked down at me, confused. All of a sudden, the large mansion appeared, as she lifted the cloaking spell. There, on the doorstep, wrapped in a large blanket, was Sylvaria.

"Bella, my dear," she held out her arms, and I ran into them. The others were a lot more cautious, it was only Nicholas who followed me, not wanting to leave me alone. "Nicholas Anderson," she said, looking from me to him. "Your mate I see. Hmmm," she analysed him. "Are that lot coming in?" she gestured towards the rest of our group. Only Chase and Skye stepped forward, the others stayed behind.

Inside the house, it had definitely changed. I think she had her kitchen redone, but the living area was pretty much the same. On the mantel piece were loads of framed photos. There were ones of her and my mum, ones of my mum and my dad, ones of Jason and I when we were younger, with our parents, and some of us altogether.

"You were a cute child," Nicholas said, looking at the different pictures.

"I'm still cute," I argued.

"No, you're sexy," he flirted. I rolled my eyes in response.

"So, my Bella, tell me what happened," Sylvaria said, walking into the room with a tray of tea. I told her everything, and she just listened intently, when I told her about Jason, she got angry, and some vases broke from her sheer anger.

"Well, to counteract Nightwort, you need Purple Spotted Mushroom juice," she informed us. "I have some around. As to who could've done this, I have no idea, I've not given anyone any Nightwort, nor have I had any robberies. It could be another witch though. I'd have to ask around, but if it is another witch, I'll find out within the hour." With that, Sylvaria disappeared into another section of the house.

An hour later, we were still all sat on the sofas, eating the food she had provided, and drinking some tea. "Quentin Portabarla, also known as 'Hook' is a wizard of dark magic. He was hired by someone a long time ago to take out the King, but decided that killing the Queen and her brother would hurt the King more," Sylvaria informed us.

"I thought witches weren't working for werewolves anymore," Skye said.

"They must be blackmailing him or something," said Sylvaria back.

"Who hired him?" asked Nicholas.

"They didn't say, but they did say it was someone in the Land of Werewolves, and that they were not a rouge."

"Thank you for everything, we need to head back now, I want to wake my brother up," I said, standing up. "But can I talk to you about something quickly?" I asked. Sylvaria nodded. "Alone," I added. With a flick of her wrist, we were alone. She had hidden the mansion from view of the other three, and so it was just us.

"Go ahead."

"Is there anyway to pause a mate bond. See, once I wake my brother up, I want to travel. But I'll go back to him, but I need this first. I need this," I explained.

"I knew you'd ask that, I made this especially for you. I didn't need an hour to find out who did the hit on your brother and you, I knew that already, I needed the hour to brew this. This will pause the mate bond. But be warned, the longer you stay apart, the more pain you will feel, both of you, until eventually you both fade away and die."

"What about when I want to un-pause it?"

"Then, you have to mark eachother," she answered.

"Thank you," I smiled at her, taking the vial of red liquid from her hand, and the bag of Purple Spotted Mushrooms from her other hand.

"Stay safe," she smiled at me, before waving her hand so I was with the others.

Nicholas looked angry, in fact he was raging. I could see he was close to shifting, as he paced the ground, his steps so heavy he was digging up mud. I went over and placed a hand on his shoulder, and he stopped immediately, pulling me into his embrace. "What did you ask her about?" he asked, more like demanded.

"Just something about my mum, something private," I lied, but he seemed to accept it.

As we made the journey back to the Kingdom, we met a lot of different groups of rouges. I felt exhausted after so much fighting. Almost every fight was won by me burning them all to a crisp, but that was slowly draining my energy, and when I started dragging my feet along the ground to move, that's when I decided I had enough walking, and sat down on a knocked over tree trunk. "We are so close to the edge of The Unknown, come on," Nicholas said, handing his rucksack to Brogan, and carrying me over his shoulder, jogging the rest of the way. As soon as we were out, we all collapsed on the ground.

Nicholas had called his pack, and we were soon met by a group of about fifteen Night Warriors in trucks. After loading all of our stuff onto them, I literally had to be carried into the car because I couldn't take another step, I couldn't even drag myself over there.

Even though there was plenty of space in the truck, Nicholas sat me on his lap, his arms around my waist and his head in my neck. I was too tired and comfortable to protest, so I just cuddled into him, made myself comfortable, and fell fast asleep in his warm embrace.

The journey was three days, straight to the Kingdom. After an entire twenty hours of sleeping, I was now awake, and removed myself from Nick's lap, to sit in the seat beside him, although his arms were still wrapped around me. With only breaks to use the bathroom, or for the drivers to swap over, we made it there fairly quickly.

I had energy now, and before the car had even stopped, as soon as we were within the boundary of the Kingdom, I pushed the car door open, leaped out, and ran all the way to the hospital. I grabbed the bag of mushrooms out of my pocket, and crushed them up, then I sprinkled them over Jason's mouth. I did the same to Obi.

Within minutes they had stirred, and were slowly waking up. Sylvaria had told me it would feel like the worst hangover ever, so I let them heal on their own, although Logan was not about to leave Jason's side for any amount of time, and even though he was clearly weak, he held onto her with all his energy.