2.| Fuga |

| T H I R D P E R S O N

Fuga ( Escape )

It's been over a month, ik. It's cause....

..... I'm a lazy, procrastinating, human being. 😗✌🏽🏃🏽‍♀️

So anyway, since I'm forgiven, let's move on.

This chapter is a little different. It shines a little light on Phayre's past and it's written in the third person. This is because I wanted it as realistic as possible, and it won't make sense if Phayre is basically illiterate but can speak perfect English in her head. So yeah.... 

This is a mini-rant... Some Wattpad authors need to chill. The most aggravating thing about the books I've read is that some authors try to make a redemption arc for abusive characters or characters that reject their mates in the dumbest and most unrealistic way. It usually involves the main lead almost dying, then the love interest realizing "he can't live without her. He loves her." 🙄🤢He makes some dumbass excuse like, " I was trying to protect. Everyone I love always gets hurt."🙄🤢 Then the main lead and the love interest fall in love. BS. The end.

...................................

Quote

"I don't know how I'm going to win.

I just know I'm not going to lose."~

...................................

10 Years Ago

Phayre ran upstairs to her makeshift bedroom in the attic, hearing the voices of the strange men in black suits she had been seeing in the orphanage for the past few months. She did not know them but she did not like their presence. They terrified her, always making her do weird things like a lab rat. Ever since the day her eyes shone gold. One of the caregivers, the one who had been teaching her, had looked at her in horror, backed away slowly, and ran for the nearest phone. A few days later, the men showed up. They poked and prodded her, took blood samples, and many other things. She did not know what they wanted from her, or how to answer most of their questions. They kept repeating words and questions Phayre didn't even understand.

Today though, they seemed shiftier and more impatient than usual. Before she ran upstairs, they kept on glancing her way. She didn't know what the feeling was, but something made her want to go to her room and not come out. As she made her way upstairs, she heard Mrs. Hurou shuffling towards the men. As the owner of the orphanage, she spent a lot of time with the men. Phayre heard her voice saying, "Your request has been finalized, and your papers are in order so you can adopt Phayre."Then she gave the most unladylike snort before she continued "Even if you didn't, I would still give her away. A problem, that one is. Dropped randomly at the door of my orphanage. No identification whatsoever." Mrs. Hurou had always made it clear she didn't like Phayre, and even though Phayre only understood a few words, it still hurt her. Phayre ran up the stairs as quietly as she could to not signal Mrs. Hurou that she was eavesdropping. From her understanding of the word "adopt", she knew what was going on. She had to get out of the orphanage quickly, she did not want the men to take her.

Once she got into the room, she realized she didn't know what to do. She sat on her mattress on the floor, and stared at the wall, thinking about what those men would do to her once they had gotten her. After about 20 minutes, she heard footsteps approaching. Panicking, she looked for any other way to escape from the room other than the door. Just as the approaching crowd was on the last set of stairs, she spotted the small window on the wall, which was always covered. When the door opened she heard a soft voice coming from her head telling her to run, then like something had possessed her, she ran to the window and opened it. Not knowing her own strength or how fragile the window was, it flew off its hinges and fell, shattering on the ground, so close to one of the caretakers. She cringed at the sound and the look the caretaker shot at her.

Her body continued moving on its own accord. Before she knew it, she was standing crouched down, on the window sill, looking down. From behind she heard a gasp, then turned around to look at Mrs. Hurou, who had a horrified expression on her face. She thought Phayre was going to jump, but then a slow smirk grew on her face. She knew if Phayre jumped she would not survive, the attic was too far up. But the smirk was immediately replaced by shock and horror when Phyre looked her dead in the eye and jumped.

[ A/N: SPLAATT!! ]

................................(✿◕‿◕✿)................................

We Good!

A short chapter in case you didn't notice.

Most embarrassing experience?

Bye Loves.💜

Advertise or suggest books pls.😄