-Part 2-

Naruto woke up with a slight headache.

The blonde was currently laying in sewer like water, it was shallow so he could still feel the floor.

Naruto sat up and shook to get some of the water out of his hair before he tried to stand up.

Key word- Tried

He slipped on the slippery floor and that's when he heard it.
Large snores.

Naruto looked over to see large, worn down red bars.
This time Naruto stood carefully and advanced to the bars, wanting to know what was inside but was stopped by an invisible force.

The snoring came to an abrupt stop and was replaced with a deep like sigh.

You here to soon, a booming voice growled.

Naruto jumped and looked up to see a... large fox?
The blonde squinted his eyes to see.. 8 no 9 tails, one is just hiding behind the others.

The fox was a dark orange almost blood red color as their eyes were actually blood red with amazingly thick slits for pupils.

Who are you? Naruto asked and the fox looked at him in disbelief. I'm the great kitsune you little prick, he growled and Naruto jumped by his tone.

Naruto stared at the kyuubi that stared right back at him.

Ohh! Your the reason for the attack 12 years ago! Naruto blurted out and the fox glared at him. It was not my choice, the kyuubi growled and Naruto nodded. I didn't say that, he said and the fox looked at him like a was an idiot.
Go. You aren't supposed to be here, Kyuubi ordered.

Naruto shot up, panting heavily till he realized he wasn't in his house or the sewer or where Sakura had punched him...

No.

He was in the hospital. The one place he hates the most.
Ever since Haruzen or his beloved jiji died the hospital was one of Narutos worst fears.
Before Haruzen and the Anbu assigned to watch over him made sure the nurses and doctors didn't try to kill him or at least starve and dehydrate him.

Naruto clenched the fabric of the hospital gown by his heart, remembering all the times Haruzen would storm into the room and crush him in one of his deadly hugs constantly apologizing for not being able to be there and protect him.
His eyes started watering and Naruto sniffled.

-Tsunade POV-

I was on my way to check up on that stupid gaki while thinking of how he could've gotten the injuries he had patched up and why an Anbu had brought him to the hospital.

The Anbu had said a pink haired cat had punched him and left him there.

Pink hair..

Sakura.

I thought they were friends, teammates.
I also strictly taught her to protect her teammates not hurt them!

I opened the Gakis door to see him clenching the fabric close to his heart as tears were on the brim of falling.
I quickly ran over and hugged his scrawny, small body.

I felt him turn and I looked down at him.

Gaki what's wrong? I asked generally worried for my godson. It hurts granny, he breathed. Where let me heal it, I said starting to check his body out.

Suddenly Narutos small bony fingers grabbed my hand and placed it over his heart.

Here granny, he mumbled.

I frowned and hugged him gently.. as if one touch could completely shatter him.

His pain is mental. He has physical wounds but his pain lies deeper then just some cuts.

I slowly sat on the bed and he practically laid on my chest.

Can you heal it? Naruto whispered as I started to come my fingers through his gentle blonde hair.

I didn't answer. I can't physically heal his mental wounds.
I didn't know what to say to him.

Narutos always been a laughing, smiling, goofy idiot and seeing him like this...it hurt.
What could Sakura have possibly said for him to finally break? Or was it just her ignoring him?

No.

Narutos always been one to never give up till he knows someone's true feelings.

So what did she say?

......

Naruto soon fell asleep in my arms but I didn't move. He was always a light sleeper and seemed to seek out any warmth.

I promised Kushina I'd watch over him with Jiriaya.. I'm feel like I just broke that promise in so many different ways.