Chapter Ten

Rosalia Pierce's Point Of View

Jenna and I mingled and I repeated that I was Elena's sister at least two dozen times. Jenna sensed my annoyance and we left to talk to Elena.

"Hey, sis." I greeted her. I noticed Stefan dancing, he was drunk of course, he would never do such an embarassing thing sober.

"History teacher, three o'clock." Elena told Jenna in a low voice. I grinned in amusement as Jenna ducked her head. When they started talking, Elena and I shared a giggle. They both left to get a drink. Matt Donovan came over a few moments later.

"When did that happen?" He asked, looking at Jenna and Alaric.

"DJ had a change of heart." I piped up. Matt looked at me with surprise.

"so it's true. You're adopted." He directed the question to Elena.

"Yeah."

"Hey, Im sorry about your sister, Matt." I said with a sympathetic smile then left them to talk. I found Damon speaking to Liz, the sheriff.

"Hey, Damon, Sheriff Forbes." I greeted formally. They both looked at me. Liz already knew about my being Elena's sister when she talked to me and Jenna.

"Hey, Rose!" Damon smirked. "I'm sure you've met my great friend, Liz?"

"Yes, I have. I was quite surprised when I saw her too ." She smiled thinly. Damon and I left to get our routine bourbon.

"Two bourbons, please?" I asked sweetly. The bartender left. Elena came up to us.

"Have you seen what your brother's been up to?" She questioned Damon.

"Nope, been too preoccupied with yours." He replied. Elena looked confused, so did I. I worlessly grabbed my bourbon and handed Damon his. "Jeremy's been asking about Vicki Donovan's death.

"He knows that her death was ruled an overdose." Elena said.

"Really? 'Oh, but, sheriff, someone buried her. Who would do that?'" Damon intimidated. He continued, "Oh, I know. I know. Me. I mean, we could compel him, but he's wearing vervain." Damon said.

"No. I don't want you compelling him." Elena said sternly.

I left and went to the other room where Stefan was dancing. I put my glass on a table and walked over to him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from some random chick, Elena wouldn't like that much.

"Care to dance with moi?". I asked with a dazzling smile. he agreed and started spinning me around. Elena peeked around the corner and I gave her a smile and wink. Excusing myself, I went outside with my bourbon. John Gilbert and Damon were there. They were talking casually about Damon ripping John's throat out.

"Hello, John, Damon." I greeted. they both looked at me and smiled. Shortly after, Damon excused himself. Just before he left though, he zipped back and snapped John's neck then pushed him over the side of the building. I watched on horror.

"Damon!" o hissed. He smiled at me.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Jesus Christ! You're in for a big surprise." Then I left him outside. I wondered inside and myveyes widened when I saw Stefan licking his fingers after touching Kelly Fonovan's forehead. He then snapped out of it and hurried away. I followed.

I followed as he went out the front door and across the lawn, standing at the fence. He lifted the blood coated finger to his mouth and licked it. I went back inside when I heard the mayor start to talk. I noticed John standing up the front. I stood next to Damon and laughed softly.

"Trying to kill him won't work, but I guess youve figured that out now." He narrowed his eyes but didn't look at me.