Chapter 21 (Rescue Mission)

Start from the beginning

Scar's P.O.V
The hallways seemed to be oddly clear. No overgown vampires, lining up to kill us. Just empty halls. It was weird.

"Well this isn't creepy.." I said out loud talking to the guys. They looked as confused as I did.

"Don't let your gaurd down just yet. I smell something." Caleb said to us, causing me to focus. I didn't see anything at all no movement. Until I felt something whipped past me. I fumbled back and Ben caught me.

"What the hell was that?" I yelled, scared.

"Its a hybrid." Caleb said dropping the stake he was holding. "That's useles. Is there anything we can use to kill a hybrid?" He asked Ben.

"Just me." Ben smirked. "Don't worry I got this. Go get the others." The hybrid was dead ahead, staring down the hall right at us. He looked different than the one I killed, slightly older.

"I'm staying." I said in protest.

"Listen, we don't have time for this stop being a brat. Go." I stood strong not moving a muscle. "NOW!" He yelled.

"Fine but if you die, I will find a way to kill you all over again." I said getting a small chuckle out of him.

As I ran to the staircase, I seen the Hybrid attack, and Ben's eyes turn black. I hope he wins.

Caleb and I started searching the last floor of the house. No army again. What the hell was going on? Not even one sign of Mordecai. We turned the last corner seeing at least five gaurds blocking this one door.

"Way to make it obvious." I chuckled. I know I was getting really cocky, but eh. I'm a ripper. I can kick their asses no problem.
They ran right at Caleb and I. We ducked in sync knocking the two running at us over, staking them in chest. Not to be immature but this looked awesome. The next three came all at one, and I decided to have a little fun. My eyes turned one black, and one red. I smiled and jumped on top of the gaurd snaping his neck, and threw his lifelessly body on the floor, staking him. Caleb seemed to be juggling the other two, until I ripped one off, and threw him into a wall. I quickly threw the stake, that pinned him to the wall.

By the time I turned around Caleb was standing over the body of the gaurd bored.

"Had enough fun?" He asked.

"Eh." I shrugged.

"Show off." He smiled walking to the door. I just smirked. His hands were on the knob.

He took in a deep breathe before opening in. Inside was a bright white room. Much like the one Mordecai tortured me in, nearly a year ago. There was Demetre,Lilly, and another girl chained to the ceiling and floor. They looked exhausted. They were shirtless, and stakes were in all of their torsos. Demetre had burn marks around his mouth, and was faint. The girls looked just as bad.

"Lilly." Caleb ran to her side, holding her face up. Her eyes were opening slowly.

"The... Th... K...eys... Are in the.. Desk..." She mumbled, me using my vampire sense to hear. I ran over to the desk, opening the only dror. I grabbed the keys and chucked them over to Caleb.

He unlocked her arms, and then her feet. He caught her, and placed her along the wall. He pulled out all the stakes in her. Damn the blood to heal her was in the car. He tossed me the keys, and I took down Demetre setting him on the floor. I slapped his face a little waking him up.

"Demetre get up. We need to go now." I whispered to him. His eyes widened.

"I need to kill my... Mordec...cai now." He mumbled to me bringing him to sit up. "Take her down. Its Molly." He pointed to the random girl. I did as he said.

"Everything okay up here?" Ally said running through the door, following was Jessy.

"Blood." Demetre muttered.

"Here." Ally ran over bent down, revealing her wrist. "Its not human, but it'll do."

Demetre drank from her and his face started to heal. As well as his wounds. His abs were now covered in dry blood. He stood and grabbed hold of Molly, lefting her bridal style.

"Let's get out of here." I nodded in agreement. Caleb was holding Lilly, and Demetre had Molly. So no one was being left behind.

We busted our asses down the stairs into the lobby. We rushed over all the damage and headed out the front door. Somehow, Ben miraculously had all the cars parked there. That explained the decapitated Hybrid on the second floor, that I saw on the way down.

Lilly was put in the back seat of my Camaro, and Molly as well. Ben had already left with Ally so it was just my car. I was suppose to follow, but not everyone got in my car; everyone got in the car ready to speed out except Demetre.

"Get in." I said to him as if he were stupid. He was standing there thinking.

"I can end this. I need to end this." He said running back into the house. I got out of the driver's seat.

"Caleb drive. I'll meet you out n highway 10." I ordered as I slammed the car door.

"Scar no get in." Caleb said in protest.

"NOW CALEB!" He did as I said, and as I ran back into the house I seen all the destruction we caused. In the background I could hear my camaro's engine axcelerate.

I thinked of where they could. I had no idea. I turned on my little vampire sensor to hear where they were.

"Remember the lessons we used to have?" That was it Demetre's voice. I followed it and ended up in the living room.

The sight of Mordecai and Demetre holding swords to eat other's throats scared me. They were staring at each other. Intensely holding the sword up in a fetal spot of their neck.

"You remember well." Mordecai smirked. The both clashed their swords, separating. With one foot in front of the other, they began circling one another. From the new scars on Demetre's, his father was clearly the better swordsmen.

I flinched when Demetre jabbed at his father, Mordecai easily kicked the sword up out of Demetre's hands. Catching the sword and grabbing possesion of it. Mordecai quickly kicked Demetre down, and had both swords crossed, with his head in between the metal blade.

"You're hesitant. Do it." Demetre said sternly. "Do it!"

There was no way Mordecai could do this. Or so I thought until I heard the blades rub. Demetre's head slowly rolled to his father's feet. Blood splashed the walls. I gasped. Getting a look from Mordecai. He had a giant tear in his eye. I speeded out with my vampire speed through the Forrest surround the residence. I stopped holding a tree, to hold me up. Tears were flowing from my eyes like a rainy day. Taking in deep breathes I wiped away the tears. What kind of a monster kills his own son?