Valentine's Day: Tom's Version

Start from the beginning

I hoped that she wouldn't bat her lashes at me, because they would blow me away. Hell, she already did blow me away. She put on a red dress that I've never seen her in before, with my favorite red lipstick that I've found is very hard to wash out of the collar on my shirt. Hints of gold surrounded her as the light bounced off her jewelry, and she looked like a goddess.

Her beautiful bouncy hair was flowing around her, and my jaw physically dropped like I was in a cartoon. What she does to me isn't a secret. I get speechless, and watching her is all that I can do. She is my weakness, and after all this time I still get nervous when she walks into the room. I swear, I've been in a daze since the day that we met. I let my keys slip out from my fingers and I said, "wow, you look gorgeous."

Mickey smiled back at me. How is she real? The intoxicating smell of her perfume floated to my nose in a gentle hug. She pulled all of her hair over her shoulder and asked, "thank you. Can you help me zip up?"

"Yeah," I said and walked up to her while swinging the door shut behind me. Mickey turned her back to me, and I nearly got distracted by her smooth back. I gingerly grabbed the delicate zipper between my thick, shaking fingers and slowly pulled it up, hiding her elegant back and shoulders from my gaze. Her back was warm against my cold hands.

I found myself assuming how easy it would be to remove her dress. How easy it would be for me to slip my hand up her thigh when we are sitting beside each other at the table. How easy it would be to find a way to give her all my love. How easy it would be to just skip dinner and spend the entire night in the bedroom.

Once her dress was secure, I grabbed her hand and spun her around to face me. Her dress extended around her in the spin, and I sealed the move with a kiss. I love this woman so dearly.

"Where are we going?" Mickey asked. She grabbed a little clutch purse from the table while I picked my keys back up with a swift swoop.

I opened the front door and gestured that she go first. "I don't think you've ever heard of it."

Which was a lie.

I rubbed my lips with my thumb to avoid smirking. I was taking her to her favorite fancy restaurant. We haven't been there in forever. We walked out of the building and out to my car, and drove to the restaurant.

Mickey was watching the scenery as we drove, but I knew that she was trying to guess where we were going. I used a different route in an attempt to disorient her, which worked. Directions have never really been her forte.

I parked across the street from Le Tarte Tatin and Mickey turned to me and said with a smirk, "you tricked me."

I chuckled and said, "I had to do something to keep it a surprise."

"It looks busy."

"I got us a reservation."

I turned the car off and got out and headed to the other side to open the door for Mickey. She stepped out and I closed the door behind her. We began walking, and I noticed that she was holding her arms. She always forgets a coat. I wiggled off my gray blazer and placed it over her shoulders. It was still warm from my body heat, and she was looking a little chilly.

"Thank you," Mickey said and held onto my arm as we continued walking down the street. The subtle wind lifted her perfume through the air. I nearly slipped on the icy sidewalk, but I luckily didn't eat the pavement. When we stopped at a cross walk, I kissed her forehead. She rested her head against my arm and I just melted. She just has to say the word and I'll go anywhere with her blindly.

We got to the restaurant and were seated as soon as I gave the hostess my name. People were turning their heads just to smell her perfume again as she walked past them. We were handed menus, and left alone to peruse them. Every table was full, and there was a line of families and couples waiting outside in the cold for a reservation to open up.