"You fucked him".

Mateo was seething.

"I told you I loved you and you went and fucked Sebastian".

Capri furrowed her eyebrows, confused by the words coming out of his mouth.

"I can fuck my boyfriend whenever I want, Mateo".

"Not when I told you I loved you, did that mean nothing to you"!

Axel took this as his cue to leave, the step croaked as he tried to move, earning dirty glances from both.

"Sorry". He squeaked, running his way back up to the bedroom.

Capri and Mateo now stood alone.

"You have some fucking nerve Mateo, you have a wife, you asshole"!

"I don't love her, I love you and I can divorce her now, it's the fifth year and her dad isn't waking up from that coma".

"A coma you caused"!

Capri couldn't believe the insolence of this man, barging into her home and then scolding her for being intimate with her boyfriend.

Why did she feel kind of bad?

"That's who you are Mateo, you're a murderer, a drug dealer, a narc, I can't love you, I won't love you, you need to leave my home, I can't keep doing this with you".

Mateo had his hands to his hips which quickly fell down to his sides as her words hit him.

"Even if I did feel something as strong as love for you, I wouldn't act on it, my brain is stronger than my heart Mateo, I cannot be with you without putting my life at risk".

Mateo took a step forward, she took a step back.

"Capri please, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't even be alive right now, these five years existed because I had you protected, your father's enemies would find you in a second, this life Is a part of you".

His words sunk in, hitting her harder than she expected.

It was something she knew deep down but now hearing out loud from someone else, especially Mateo, caused her to break down.

Mateo embraced her quickly as her sobs took over, she hated this, she didn't want this life.

Capri only wanted her best friend with her and a normal boyfriend like Sebastian.

She was stuck with Mateo if she wanted to be safe. 

*

Axel had left.

Mateo and Capri were laying on her bed, her crying had died down, only a few sniffles here and there.

He had explained to her the situation with his brother, father and Tony, she was a bit surprised about Tony keeping such a secret, he was Mateo's best friend after all.

"I haven't spoken to him since that day, he tried communicating with me but if I even allow myself to get a glimpse of him, I'm sure I would bash his head in the chance I get".

Capri only nodded.

"Mateo you have unresolved issues with your father, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to someone about it". Capri suggested.

He scoffed.

"I can't be soft like that Capri".

Now it was her turn to scoff.

"I'll divorce Marcella if you leave Sebastian".

"You act like this is going to end in a happily ever after".

"It could".

"Don't lie to yourself, you need therapy Mateo".

"So do you, you father died and you find out he's a hitman, who did you talk to"?

Capri stayed silent.

"We both need therapy".

*

Mateo entered his office.

Tony stood up just as quick, his hands up in surrender.

They stared at each other, Mateo still keeping his hold on the doorknob as he stared at the big giant before him.

"I'm gonna step out and when I come back I want you gone".

"I'm gonna be a father Mateo".

He halted.

"The woman who answered the phone when you called is named Tatiana, we're gonna get married and she's pregnant".

Mateo had his back facing Tony as he quietly listened, the hold on the doorknob faltering as he did so.

"I want out, I can't bring a child into this world of ours, I can't do what Capri's father did to her".

Tony took in a deep breath before continuing.

"I didn't mean to hurt you Mateo, your father promised to help me out as long as I did what I was told, I swear I didn't know he had done that exchange with that fuck, I swear to you".

What Mateo did next surprised both of them, turning around swiftly he charged towards his best friend, Tony flinching as he thought Mateo was getting ready to hit him, instead he embraced him, a loud slap to the back echoing as Mateo congratulated him.

"You should've told me, I would've gotten you out myself".

Tony shook his head in disappointment.

"I misread my judgement, I apologize Mateo".

He nodded in response, a grin now plastered in his face as he gave Tony another hug.

"I'm happy for you, you're gonna make a great father".

Mateo's thoughts shifted to Capri, he needed to end things with Marcella.