PART V (BOOK III FINALE)

Leone's eyes opened, looking down to find his Commander's resting face.

"Huh?"

He frantically looked around, peering around the Cave.

"Boys, wake up!" He shouted.

The troopers mumbled before setting themselves up. The coldness of the cave grew more intense, as their armor kept the least bit of warmth in their bodies. Zek still shivered as he placed his helmet on his freezing head.

Leone grabbed his gear before rushing towards the entrance of the cave.

"Where's the Commander?!"

The rest of the squad followed behind, looking through the shadows of dark skies in search of their Jedi.

Four heads turning, to no avail.

Rain gasped.

"Lieutenant. Look..."

————————————————————————

On the muddy grounds, the footsteps of their jedi pointed towards the heavily plantationed area.

"No.." Leone grew in disbelief.

"He couldn't have ditched us! Would he?" Zek questioned.

"No Zek, he would never, my brother." Leone responded.

The howls of the leftover wind flew through their armor, as Leone's maroon kama floated against it.

It brushed against his thigh armor before a pause.

"Knocker. Time check?"

Knocker opened his communicator, which also displayed the current time zone.

"08:xx, Lieutenant."

It hit morning, with the barely lit skies bringing the slightest amount of sunlight towards the planet's permanently dark surface.

Leone's fists rounded into balls. He was angry..

"We're overtime?! But we need to prioritize the Commander! The base can wait..We'll follow his footsteps, and hopefully, we could find him.."

The lieutenant's inner thoughts began displaying displeasing ideas. What could have happened to his Commander? Is he safe? Is he injured? The worst occasion...is he gone...

Leone sighed.

The Renan Squad contemplated their thoughts on prioritizing against the main campaign. Jvayn or the Base?

...

Rain stepped in to console him.

"Don't worry Vod. We will find Commander Zeerel in halftime record! When have we ever failed your orders?!"

Leone stood still.

"We've never failed to push through.."

He patted Rain's hand.

"And we won't fail now..."

His voice was still very sorrow. It began to crack as he ordered his men.

"We won't....fail....now.."

————————————————————————

Knocker spectated his Lieutenant, his brother, pulling his head down. Only he knew how he felt, and why he felt this way. He knew what Leone had felt for their Jedi Commander. And he knew what it meant to hide these feelings.

"Brother." He softly called out.

Leone turned his head, facing Knocker.

"I'll tell you this now. With our determination. We'll find him. If he's not here..we will search the entire Galaxy for you!" He pointed.