17) The Devil's Den

If I had a flower

For every time I thought

Of you, I could walk

In my garden forever

Alfred Lord Tennyson

....

A silver Porsche was parked outside Aadya's office grabbing the attention of people passing by.

What caught their interest was a charming man leaning on a car, clad in a dark maroon cashmere sweater and gray chinos. He was a sight to behold.

Ignoring the attention and lustful gazes from the ladies gawking at him shamelessly, his eyes were focused on the glass doors of Aadya's office.

For the nth time,Rudra checked the time on his Milan blue wrist watch. He was patiently waiting for Aadya outside her office for last one and a half hour.

Finally he saw her coming out of her office, immersed in a conversation with her colleague she did not noticed his stare on her.

Bidding her colleague goodbye, her eyes finally landed on him. He smiled a charming smile of his catching her off guard. His smile was prettier than hers always making her heart race a marathon inside her chest.

Rudra took a bunch of flowers from the car and gave them to Aadya, she narrowed her eyes at this sweet gesture of him.

Rudra was anything but sweet!

Nonetheless she accepted the flowers. They were ruffly,hot pink freshly plucked garden roses.

The deep pink colour of roses had reminded him of Aadya. She resembles a rose when she blushes, a pink one.

Giving them a gentle sniff, she smiled and said, "Thank you. These are beautiful, did you plucked them?"

Noticing the thorn cuts on his finger, she could not restrain herself and asked. However her tone or her eyes does not showed a slight of concern.

Umm.. Yes I plucked them from our Estate's garden for you. They always reminded me of you.. he wanted to say but he didn't.

"I am not sure. But the price, that flower lady took for them. I guess they are freshly plucked" he said instead.

She looked at him, not believing a single word coming from his mouth. How can she believe him when their was a tint of pink appearing on his ears. He was embarrassed.

Who have thought that the day will come when a almighty, arrogant Rudra would blush pink in embarrassment.

She was amused.

Rudra had thought it will be her who will blush red in embarrassment remembering their last encounter, he brought a flower for her just to make the situation light and bring a smile on her face.

He did not had a slightest of idea that he will be the one who will end up blushing like a teenager. He was mortified. He was behaving like a wuss!

Why I am blushing like an idiot! This woman has a weird effect on me. Get a grip on yourself Rudra.

He coughed breaking Aadya's stare on him. It was a very first time, a woman's stare was making his heart thud loudly inside his ribs.

"you make me wait more than a hour for you" he said trying to hide his real condition. There was a slight a very little sign of annoyance in his curt voice. Aadya smile a little, he looked like a annoyed kid.

"I am sorry. We were discussing our upcoming project. It took a little long time" she told him plainly.

Now it was Rudra's turn to scrutinize her under his gaze. He was smelling a lie, she definitely make him wait for her without any genuine reason.