"I knew she was related to someone— wait, Mr. Arquette, the boss?"

"Uhm, do we have any other Arquette? I mean, it's quite a strange name."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought you knew?" she arches a brow, insinuating it was obvious.

"How could I have known?"

"You're the boss, didn't they tell you?"

"They didn't tell me anything, they just left me her unimpressive resume at my desk," I groan, slouching my shoulders in defeat. "You're the biggest gossiper of this company, and you didn't say anything. I'm blaming this on you, you're my secretary."

"Now, don't put the blame on me, you told me yourself you didn't want to hear gossip, and I did warn you that it was best to not get involved with her," she says, throwing her arms in the air. "But why this all of a sudden?"

I sigh, walking closer to her so no one could overhear our conversation. "That dumbass kissed me," I whisper harshly. "And it wasn't even a good kiss."

"What? When?"

"Yesterday," I groan, already regretting the decision of telling her.

"How did that happen?" she squints her eyes at me.

"I went out with her."

"You went out with her," she repeats sarcastically. "After I told you not to get involved with her."

"Ok fine, it was partly my fault."

"Partly? Esther, you've spent years rejecting people and now you're acting as if you've never seen a cute girl in your life," she points a finger at me.

"No, no, I did nothing. I was just standing there minding my own business."

"Did you kiss her back?"

"No." Liar.

Minor details, she doesn't need to know.

"So let me guess, you tried to fire her and that's why you're here."

"Yes."

"Can you actually do that?"

"I don't know and I don't care, I'm still the one in charge of this department," I say, giving her my back, walking back to my office but stopping midway. "Call her to my office."

"We're in the middle of our lunch break."

"Then when she returns."

"You're not going to eat?" Joane asks, but it's too late, the door closes behind me before she could even finish the word eat.

I'm too stressed to be hungry.

I spend a good half an hour just passing around my office until I finally hear a knock on my door. "Come in," I say simply, finally allowing myself to rest back on my table.

"Ms. Agassi, you wanted to see me?" She asks, seeming less cocky now. "Didn't think you would ever want to."

"Oh I don't," I answer, crossing my arms. "So you're Mr. Arquette's granddaughter, and because of that you think you can do whatever you want and act however you want."

"Not really no, I'd act the same if I wasn't his granddaughter."

"Except that anywhere else you'd be fired for your inappropriate behavior, and here you think you can't be."

"Do you really want to fire me?" she asks, tilting her head in an attempt to use her charm to get a hold of the situation. "Or did you just say it to scare me into submission?"

"I don't care who you are Louise, I'm your boss and you'll show me respect, do you understand?" I say through gritted teeth, I'm not falling for these little games again.

"You didn't answer my question," she steps closer.

"Neither did you," I chuckle humorlessly.

"I want to say sorry for earlier, I acted like a brat."

"You always act like a brat."

"Let me make it up to you then."

"You'll make it up to me by not crossing the boundaries I've established since day one," I say but she still takes a step closer to me.

"I didn't force you to do anything, fine I was a bit annoying but you could have said no and avoided me like you did today," she stops just a few inches from me. "And what if I kiss you right now?"

"Don't you dare," I say through gritted teeth but she seems unfazed.

"Will you stop me?"

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment. It will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also, follow me on Twitter and Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link in my profile), it will give me the motivation to write; create more, and hopefully pay for the insane amounts of coffee I drink.