"Excellent, let me lead you to your table of three," he smiled as he led us deeper into the restaurant. 

I didn't miss Nathan, slyly mutter, just loud enough for me to hear -' it should have been a table for two.'

Nathan and Lisa slid into the chairs on one side of the table while I slid into a chair opposite them. 

"Here are your menus," the waiter said as he placed them on a stand in the center. "Another waiter will come shortly to take down your orders," he explained with a curt smile. 

Then he turned around and hurried back to his post - likely eager to yell at some more unsuspecting customers who didn't know the dress code.

 Relaxing back in my chair, I let out a contented sigh and focused my gaze across the table, and particularly on Nathan. 

"Do you have to make annoying sound effects?" Nathan spat. I smiled. 

"Why? Does it bother you?" I chuckled as I quirked up a brow. 

"Yes, yes it does," he snapped. 

I smiled even wider before letting out an even louder sigh to piss him off even further. I snorted when I saw Nathan's eye twitch in irritation.

 I know annoying someone into friendship seemed like a pretty risky technique, but I'm pretty sure it was going to work. And if not...well shit.

Lisa sat up straighter in her chair. "Anyway, how do you guys know each other?" she asked curiously.

 I nodded my head over to Nathan. "Oh, Nathan's my project buddy," I replied chirpily. 

"Hmm, I'm not sure how I got so lucky," Nathan drawled sarcastically, the negativity in his tone a stark contrast against my own.

 Lisa looked back and forth between us with furrowed brows. "You guys have a very interesting relationship...," she laughed.

 I chuckled. "He likes me really, he just struggles to show it. Don't you, Natalie?" I asked as I gave him a cheeky little wink.

Nathan gave me a dry look and ignored me before reaching out for the menus. He placed a menu in front of Lisa and himself, and he was about to pass one over to me, but then he paused. Slowly, he retracted his hand and looked up at me with a smirk. 

"Sophie, should I ask them if they have a kiddie menu?" he asked in a sweet condescending tone. 

Oh, so this prick thought he was a joker, did he? Well, two could play at that game.

 "Well, you could, but I really think you should start ordering from the adult menu, like a big girl, Natalie," I answered with an innocent little smile. 

His eyes narrowed. "That's not what I-"

I put a hand over my lips. "Shh, it's okay, you don't have to pretend to be someone you're not. Lisa isn't going to judge you," I explained in an overly sweet voice. 

Lisa snorted, likely having found my teasing funny.

  Did I mention I like Lisa?

Nathan clenched his fists into tight angry little balls and didn't say a word in retaliation. Or, in other words - I had won.

 In the next few minutes, all of us quietly scanned over the menus in search of what to order. Soon, the waiter arrived with a notebook in hand. This one was a lot younger, perhaps in his late teens or early twenties, with a thick mass of curly blonde hair. 

"Are we ready to order?" he asked politely, as he did a quick glance around the table.

 I'm not sure if I imagined it, but when his eyes caught mine, they dipped slightly and quickly checked me out.