{* I Hear A Symphony *}

Licorice Cookie x Clover Cookie

First meeting

:] I've gotten more ideas for one shots!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Licorice mumbled as he walked through the forest, holding his scythe with Bat Cat sitting on his shoulder. He would never admit it to the others, but to put it short, he had gotten lost. Now it was getting a bit dark, and he still hadn't found his way back to where the others were. He suddenly stopped, and slammed his scythe into the ground, groaning. All of the trees looked the same! He was just going around in circles wasn't he? He summoned some licorice servants, just to keep him company for a while besides Bat Cat, and just in case he ran into some of those meddling cookies. They were so rude and always called him by that nickname 'Rags'! He couldn't believe those cookies. He kept walking nonetheless, the servants trailing behind him. He was tired of walking, but he had to make his way back! Maybe if he did run into a cookie he could defeat it! Then Dark Enchantress would finally be proud of him, yes! That would be perfect. He grinned to himself, laughing a bit as well. 

Suddenly he stopped, hearing something. He froze, about to get ready to fight. He would never admit that in that moment he got scared, having suddenly heard something. He tried to look confident though, and moved a bit towards the sound. It sounded... soft. Like talking but... singing? Maybe. There was a slight growing fear that there would be too many cookies for him to handle... no! Of course he could handle any amount of those troublesome cookies! 

He started to follow the sound, and started to hear music too. He got a bit confused, and suddenly saw something in the distance. He hid behind the trees and in the shadows, and managed to hide behind a tree that was one of many surrounding a clearing. His licorice servants hid by the bottom of his cloak, one even on his head as he peeked from behind the tree. He looked at the clearing, seeing where the music was coming from.

In the middle of the clearing was a very peculiar tree branch that shifted into a sort of seat while having part of it over the seat. The seat had a green rug draped over it, and on the branch were many bright green three leaf or four leaf clovers along with leaves. Animals from all over the forest were gathered on the top branch and on the ground around the branch. And on the seat... Licorice took a breath. 

On the seat was a man, with tealish light green hair. He had a hat that looked like it had been handmade, along with a cloak that looked like a clover in the back. He had a calm look to him, and he was peacefully playing his ukulele (I'm gonna say that's the instrument that Clover has). He was also softly singing to the animals, who also seemed relaxed. He wasn't noticing Licorice, but Licorice was staring at him. The music and singing... it was sort of relaxing him too. And the man on the seat... he looked... handsome. Licorice felt his face warm up strangely, and he felt a bit... embarrassed was the word? He'd never felt like this before.. it was weird but kind of funny. He leaned against the tree, kind of wanting to just listen to the music forever.

After a while, the cookie opened his eyes, smiling at the animals. He was still calm, but the sun had set. He waved to the small animals, and got up from sitting on the seat. After taking his ukulele, he walked off in the opposite direction. It took Licorice a few moments, but then he was hit hard with realization. 

"I NEED TO GET BACK!" He yelled so loudly it woke Bat Cat up, who made tired and mad cat noises. Licorice rushed through the forest, knowing that Pomegranate would be mad and Poison Mushroom would be worried. He didn't even want to think about Dark Enchantress. But that cookie... that was something.

[Bonus]

After what seemed like forever, he had finally made it back to the castle. He entered it, and looked around. Mayyybbe he could sneak to his room... he began walking down the hall. He was almost to his room- he just had to quietly go in. He opened the door, looking behind him one last time. He sighed with relief, but when he looked forward he screeched.

"Where were you?! You were gone for a very long time you know." Pomegranate frowned, standing in Licorice's room. Licorice immediately got mad, glaring at the red haired cookie.

"Why are you in my room! And for your information I was- I was-" Licorice immediately forgot what he was going to say, and he looked away for a moment. God he hated this, he hated when Pomegranate had all the power.

"Whatever! I'm back now, and I have- very important stuff to do! So- so shoo!" Licorice pushed past Pomegranate, and then pushed Pomegranate out of his room. He ignored Pomegranate's angry protests, and closed the door behind Pomegranate. He sighed, and put his scythe against the wall. He got to his bed, and sat down. He frowned, deep in thought about something... or someone. His face grew a bit red just thinking about that cookie. He jumped when someone suddenly came out of his closet. He jumped, but realized it was just Poison Mushroom. Poison Mushroom ran up to him and hugged him, looking up at him.

"Licorice! Huhh where were you? You were gone for so loooong!" Poison Mushroom had their usual silly smile, and Licorice smiled as he pat the cookies head. 

"Oh I just.. was doing something." Licorice looked away, still thinking deeply. Mushroom tilted their head.

"Hmmmm what are you thinking about?" Mushroom looked up at Licorice, but then reached up and managed to climb on the bed, sitting beside Licorice to look up at him again.

"Just... just about something I saw in the forest..." It was never normal for Licorice to be talking this quietly or for him to be acting like this. He laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Poison Mushroom tried to think about it, but just gave up and sat by Licorice. 

Meanwhile, Pomegranate and Dark Choco were watching from peeking into the room, and Pomegranate backed up.

"What could he possibly be thinking about? He never acts like this!" She seemed annoyed with the behavior of Licorice, but Dark Choco had seen the blush on Licorice's face, he knew exactly what was going on.

"I think I might have an idea of what it is..."

[{A/N} Hello! I finally got motivation for this!! If I want to I might even find a way to make a sequel to this. And get the title reference for a certain song ;> anyways I'm tired so I'm goin to bed, but I hope you enjoyed! I really enjoyed writing this one.]