"This syringe can completely destroy Bioweapon E-001, E-series."

"It can also be used as the ultimate cure."

'Ultimate cure'?

I wonder what that is.

Bela grabbed the note and syringe and put it in her pockets.

Hopefully none of them would get damaged by the end of the day.

But then, wouldn't Ethan also have this by now?

"...Bela?"

Speak of another devil.

It was Ethan. He went down the stairs with a gun in hand and he lowered it upon seeing Bela.

"I went back. There are still a lot of keys and other items I need. What are you doing here?" he asked as he approached Bela.

Bela glanced at him before pointing to the brief case.

"I found a syringe in it. Maybe it's a cure?"

"Syringe?" He repeated.

Bela nodded as she tried to take the object from her pocket.

But before she could even show it to him she saw Jack suddenly appear beside him.

The old man wordlessly grabbed his collar and punched him hard in the face.

Ethan fell to the floor and dropped his weapon.

Bela swiftly put the item back in her pocket and similarly took the gun that Ethan dropped from his hand.

She then pointed it at Jack.

The old man looked angry, like he was fuming. He looked the same as before but just worse. In a way.

She shot him, on the head, but it didn't seem to do anything as he only neared her. The hole now on his head from the bullet was visible but he just doesn't quit.

Bela glanced again at Ethan and saw his face now forming a bruise.

She doesn't want to leave the guy weaponless but she doesn't have a choice. He probably has the shotgun anyway, it won't matter much if he loses a pistol.

She runs back and away from Jack.

She didn't hear footsteps trying to follow her.

-----

She managed to get out of the house again for the umpteenth time, but the difference is that she has a weapon.

The checked the pistol's bullets.

She only wasted one bullet. It turns out Ethan might have just reloaded it or found it in another room because it's barrel is still full.

She holds the gun tightly in her hands.

It's not going to be much she knows well enough, but at least she doesn't have to go down without a fight.

But at the same time she can't always rely on Zoe to help her. The girl's been doing too much for her and Ethan.

She shakes her head.

It'll be fine.

With that in mind, she moves quickly towards a new place.

The mines.

She was told, although it wasn't really stated, that this part of Dulvey is far on the side, so there are mines around there.