Chapter 16 - stay the night

Start from the beginning

The whole watching of Louis' production of Grease consisted of me fonding way too hard and Louis blushing because he was embarrassed. He was being way too cute for me to handle, like when he got embarrassed he would hide his head into my shoulder or behind my back. I watched it all very intensely when Louis was on screen but when he wasn't I would boo sometimes and throw my popcorn. Louis told me to stop though because I was being rude. But he did laugh every time I did it so I think he was secretly flattered.

The alternative to that was watching the real Louis which was so much better. I watched him mouth the lyrics of all the songs, smile widely when he remembered something about a scene and when he told a story of the production, clap after anyone sung or danced, and I watched him watch my reaction to his performances and the overall musical. He was perfect in his role of course but nothing compares to Louis being himself.

I clap my hands and whistle loudly, "Brilliant! Bravo! You absolutely smashed it!" I cheer.

Louis seems more than pleased as he stands up and takes a quick bow.

"Encore! Encore!" I shout.

"Hazza, you're too much!" he blushes and covers my mouth with his hands.

When he removes them I quickly say, "I'm sorry but you're performance was life changing Lou and I can't help but cheer," I grin.

He laughs throwing his head back. I just stare at him while my grin turns into a dimpled smile. He looks back at me and his face softens.

"It's late, I should get going," I finally say but I don't make any move to get up.

Louis frowns at that. I don't think he wants the night to end and neither do I. He jumps a bit when he gets an idea.

"But Harry it's too dark outside for you to go," he builds up, "You can stay over if you'd like," he offers with a hopeful look.

Uh fuck yeah, I'd like that very much. I like how he used that little excuse that it's too dark as if I needed any convincing to stay here with him.

"Y-you mean like a sleepover?"

Louis chuckles, "Sure, if that's what you wanna call it."

I nod and smile at him, "Yeah? Okay, I'd like that."

"Me too!" he beams, "And this means you can practice with me tomorrow for football tryouts!" he gives me a big smile that I can't possibly say no to.

"Like I've said I'm not too good at football but I'll try."

"Nonsense," he throws out his hand and slaps me on the arm lightly, "You're good at everything. Anyways let's go to my room, I'm so tired."

"My room," right. I'm going to be sleeping in Louis' room. I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm not panicked or anything. I stand up and start walking towards Louis' room still lost in my thoughts. I'm almost all the way there when I notice Louis isn't behind me. I quickly walk back into the living room to see Louis still sitting on the couch with his arms crossed.

He looks up at me, "It's about time you noticed."

I frown and furrow my eyebrows, "Why didn't you follow me? Aren't we going to your room? Or, uh, I can sleep on the couch if you want. Sorry I just assumed, um," I ramble on.

Louis unfolds his arms and drops the act, "No! Harry it's okay. You can obviously sleep in my room. I just wanted- nevermind it's stupid," he shakes his head and starts moving to get off the couch.

"Wait, what did you want Lou?" I soften.

"I wanted you to carry me," he says in a small voice.

I burst out into laughter. Here I was worrying about it being something serious and all Louis wanted was for me to carry him. That's so cute.

I move closer to him and put my hands underneath him to pick him up bridal style yet again. He hooks his arms around my neck and gives me a pleased smile.

I roll my eyes jokingly, "And I'm the princess."

"Hey! I'm tired," he uses as an excuse, "And of course you're the princess because you're beautiful, and fair, and kind, and everyone gravitates towards you," he says into my neck making me blush a bright shade of red.

"I would beg to differ," I say as we enter his room, "People only think I'm scary," I add setting him down on his feet so he can face me.

"People are scared of what they don't understand," he smiles softly, "Besides I know from personal experience. I gravitated towards you," he reaches out and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

I blush and stare into his eyes. God I want to kiss him and hold him and call him mine. But I can't. I can't until I know how Louis feels. But maybe one kiss wouldn't hurt? No, that's stupid don't think that. But it's all I can ever think about when I'm with him. I hadn't realized it but while I was lost in thought and in Louis' eyes I was leaning into him and Louis must have been doing the same for us to be this close right now. Our noses are almost touching and my lips are so close to Louis' the space is almost unbearable. He glances down at my lips and then meets my eyes again just like the other times before. But this time is different.

"Louis," I say softly, "Can I kiss you?"