𝑋 - 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗯𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

     Astria scanned the area and saw no sign of her dad, so looking to the kitchen, which was filled with white cabinets. An old pothos climbing on the wood cabinets. Large windows filled the room, along with a skylight above and a wooden island in the middle where they ate food. However, she had no luck here either.

     The house wasn't large, only 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, along with the living area and kitchen. But Astria loved it all the same.

    She tilted her head at the absence of her father and walked into the living room and out the door into the backyard.

     When she stepped out of the house she was standing on a white, wooden, deck, where a swinging chair built by Remus when she was younger hung, along with a cat bed and rows of potted roses.  In front was a stone that led through a garden, boxes of vegetables and herbs on both sides, mist raining down to keep them cool in the sun.

    Astria waited for a second in the mist, feeling it layer on her slightly sunburnt skin. It felt cool as a contrast to the beating sun. However, she didn't wait long, still on a hunt for her Father.

     The area past was filled with old apple trees and blueberry bushes. Tall pine trees could be seen around them, along with the looming forest behind them. The ground was covered with green grass and little flowers Astria had created, and pots of flowers and plants were spread all about. The mossy stone path led on to a fire pit and stumps to sit on, and past that a greenhouse under one of the taller and thicker apple trees. The path forked off before the greenhouse, and towards a little pond filled with fish, and in front of it was Astrias cat, Kimora, batting at a fly.

     Seeing the door of the greenhouse peaking open, Astria made her way under the blooming apple trees, blossoms growing in her presence. The child came to the door and opened it, walking through.

     Inside the light was green, and the whole thing was covered in plants. Some healing, some able to kill, every one of Astrias and Remus's favorite plants.

    And speaking of her father, there he stood, in shorts and an old red and yellow quidditch shirt that said beater on the back, even though she was sure he never played. His scarred hands were dipped in a pot of dirt, placing a new plant in the soil.

     "Monstera?" Astria asked, stepping over a vine crawling on the floor and standing by her dad's side.

    "Yes," He sent a loving smile her way, the new scar from the last full moon bright on his face, "Mr. Lovegood delivered it, said he was sad he had missed you."

     Astria nodded, deciding to drop by and say thanks sometime soon. She then waited for him to ask the inevitable question, "Sweetheart, what's that?" He set the plant aside, giving her his full attention.

     She brought the knitted produce bag from her hand to the table, opening it up and showing him the ingredients, "This should help with the next full moon, it's the last ingredient from the list of things I gathered over the last month," She smiled at him, grabbing the newly potted plant and putting it in front of her.

     "Astria-" He turned to speak.

      Astria put her hand out in front of her, connecting with the whispering of the large-leafed plant. She moved it in a graceful C motion and watched the plant grow. Its leaves became much larger and new ones grew from the soil, Remus watched as she focused a little more, and the plant grew to an extremely big size, half as tall as her and almost too big for the huge pot.

     "Dad it wasn't much work, I grew most of the things myself, and there's only one thing I need now," Astria then plucked one of the smaller leaves off and put it in her bag, "A newly born monstera leaf," She smirked at her father, "You wouldn't believe the kind of things the Lovegoods have laying around."