39: The Regal Lady

"Ah... Ow ow ow..." Wei Wuxian woke up mumbling. He found himself lying in his husband's lap. Golden relieved eyes stared back at him. "A-Zhan?"

"A-Ying's in pain?"

"Ah... no-no," Wei Ying mumbled as he subconsciously hammered the side of his head, then shouted out. "OUCH!"

"Didi, don't do that, it's blue already."

"Nah, it's nothing. A-Cheng, thank you," he nodded to his brother.

Jiang Cheng silently nodded back, with a wide grin. He was clearly reminded of good old days. Back when he'd hit Wei Wuxian and Wei Wuxian would hit him back. But the Wei Wuxian now, drowning in his ruefulness and contrition, would probably never hit Jiang Cheng again.

"Ge, the Seal?"

"Right here," Lan Xichen held up a pouch shimmering with his own spiritual energy sealing it up.

"It's done already?" Wei Wuxian's eyes widened.

Xichen nodded. "After didi was knocked out, the spirit that left returned to surround the Seal. It was too much for the Seal; the Seal just burst. It's in pieces now."

"All dust," Lan Wangji nodded.

Wei Ying nodded. "Good. I'll call Wen Qing then?"

"Wei Ying is tired. I'll do it."

Wei Ying nodded. He slowly sat up and shook his head, shaking off the discomfort. He straightened his back and shuffled to Lan Zhan's side, leaning on him as Lan Zhan brought out Wangji.

Lan Xichen and Jiang Wanyin sat on the grass beside the duo, waiting for Wen Qing to arrive. It took quite some time before a worried voice replied to Lan Wangji's calls.

"Second Young Master Lan?"

"Young Mistress Wen, hello."

"Hello! What is it this time–? Wei Wuxian! What has he done to his head? Why is it swollen and blue? Who hit him?"

"Sheesh, A-Qing calm down! It's nothing, really," Wei Wuxian asked.

"You can see me? Shouldn't it be the summoner only?" She looked at Lan Wangji.

"I can see all spirits," Wei Wuxian tossed his hair back.

Wen Qing rolled his eyes. "Right, you're the Yiling Laozu. Pardon me," she smirked at him. "Now what happened?"

"A-Qing, we need you to hide one more thing." Wei Wuxian took the pouch from Lan Xichen and gave it. Neither Lan Xichen nor Jiang Cheng could see Doctor Wen, but could understand things from what Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were saying.

Before Wen Qing took the pouch, Lan Xichen waved his fingers to remove the spiritual seal. As before with the comb, Wen Qing could easily handle the pouch. She took it and opened it to see its contents. "Oh? Stygian rock powder?"

Wei Wuxian nodded. "Dust of the Stygian Tiger Seal."

Wen Qing beamed. "I knew you could do it."

Wei Wuxian's heart melted at her words. Wen Qing spun around and disappeared for a few minutes. She returned with the pouch in hand. "Here. It's empty. The powder, it's buried there."

Wei Wuxian handed the Qiankun pouch back to its owner and turned back chuckling. "What if it grows into a plant? A-Zhan, what do you think it would be–?"

"It's not A-Yuan," Wen Qing sneered. Wei Wuxian put out his tongue at her, and she made faces. The two proceeded such for some time before bursting out laughing. Even Lan Zhan was smiling.