Chapter 11 - An Eventful Beginning (part 2)

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

The servants and the butler seemed to have sensed his mood, as they looked away, pretending  they did not witness this scene.

Duke Henrik would have been blind to not see his son having a hard time accepting this matter. He wanted to put more emphasis on not to take any risks, but seeing his son's weary and weak state, he decided to put it off until he's recovered.

So the duke continued speaking with a consoling tone and encouraging words, but Flynn took none of those to mind.

The young boy's eyes are dazed, his hands clenching at the sheets tightly, the lips pressed together until it has almost become a shade of white.

After a little while, he finally spoke:

"I... won't do it again...."
"Father.... I'm a little tired. Can I sleep? You don't need to leave anyone in the room with me. I wish to be alone."

The duke hesitated a little, then recalled that the doctor had said there shouldn't be any more major problems, so he reluctantly agreed.

The servants were also quite compliant as none of them made a single sound.

"If you need anything, just call out." Henrik said as he then gestured to the butler.

"Make sure to take care of my son" He said as he left the door.

"Yes, Master" the old butler replied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door closed, shutting out the bright light, leaving the room in silence once more.

However, Bai Lian did not not relax his features just yet. Recalling Flynn's memories, he got off the bed and parted the curtains slightly, then laid back down while clutching tightly onto the pillow, burying his face into it, sobbing...

The moment he had taken over this body, he has to face one of the biggest turning points in Flynn's life. He must not let his guard down.... Bai Lian thought. 

Moonlight shined faintly throughout the glass window, outlining the frail body of the young boy who trembled slightly, throughly expressing the emotions of depression and self blame. 

After an unknown amount of time, Bai Lain suddenly felt a strange presence settle in his room. Then, the familiar and ominous voice sounded:

"DO YOU WANT POWER?"

Flynn sat up abruptly in fear and apprehensiveness.

His eyes laid onto the figure of the hooded figure before his bed.

The bit of light he let in lets him get a better view of his surroundings, including the hooded man. 

"I'LL REPEAT AGAIN, DO YOU WANT POWER?"

Flynn's eyes look a bit clouded, drowsy, truly not in a clear state of mind. Despite this, he asks:

"But first......who are you? ...how did you get in? ...what do you want? If you don't reveal it right now, I'll scream!"

"YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT. ALL I'LL ASK YOU IS: DO YOU WANT POWER? THIS WILL BE YOUR ONLY CHANCE. WHETHER YOU TRUST ME OR REMAIN A WASTE, THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU."

" I.... "

"KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE"

"...I agree, I do want power."

"GOOD, THEN YOU MUST FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS"

Flynn's focus laid entirely on the figure's movement, watching as he brought out the pill, the item which had destroyed all Flynn had held dearly. dark rays emerged from the strange symbols carved upon it's surface. No matter how Bai Lian viewed it, it looks more like a pill which would destroy his body than calm the violent waves inside.

'This pill... he must obtain it, but under no circumstances will he allow himself to consume it!'

The hooded figure spoke about the pill's functions. The words he used are ones that would specifically target all of Flynn's deepest wishes. The more he spoke, the more hopeful Flynn got.

However, before he took the pill, he asks:

"But.... There must be a cost, is there?"

"QUITE SMART, YES, I DO HAVE SOMETHING TO ASK OF YOU. BUT WHAT I NEED FROM YOU COULD ONLY BE REVEALED ONCE YOU BECOME POWERFUL ENOUGH."

"Will your request endanger those close to me?" Flynn asks.

The figure froze for a second. It was only for a short span of time, but Bai Lian made sense of something.

"NO. I SWEAR IT WILL NOT"

"Will taking this pill harm my family?"

"IT WILL NOT" This time, the figure didn't not hesitate to answer.

At this point, Flynn should have taken the pill. However, Bai Lian decides to press further...

"How can I be sure? As such a powerful figure, there will be no repercussions for you if you lied..."

"I SWEAR UPON MY OWN POWERS THAT IT WILL NOT."

Flynn knew what the oath would meant, so he let out a noticeable sigh of relief, and he finally took the pill.

But the hooded figure did not leave like it should have, instead he waited for Flynn to swallow the pill.

Bai Lian then realized that the extra cautiousness he showed must have made the man more wary than the previous timeline. Realizing there is no other choice, he took the pill into his mouth and gulped...

A few seconds passed in silence... The figure still did not leave. Bai Lian realized that something must have gone wrong, but what is it?

...

"...WHY DID YOU NOT SWALLOW IT...?"