A scene in the Rain

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"No one?"

His fingers stroked the edge of my cheek, lining down to the side of my neck.

"People fear me ,I don't fear them" He answered back.

I find that hard to believe, everyone's scared of something.

Or someone.

I leaned forward , tiptoeing up to his height. Wrapping my arms around his neck, settling my weight down on to his shoulders. His hands still remained around my body, holding me close , it didn't seem as if he was going to let go of me any time soon.

After a minute of eye fluttering and a share of flirtatious looks. He dug his right hand into his pocket, pulling out a small box shaped case.

Please don't be what I think it is.

"This is-"

"No" I cut him off, bluntly.

I slightly pulled my arms back, placing some space between us. Romano tried his best to remain in all seriousness, then stared at me in discombobulation.

"What?", he questioned.

He opened the box, revealing an extremely beautiful, designed ring. It had a familiar looking crest in the middle, with golden, leafed wines accessorising the out line of it.

"That" I smiled nervously, "You can't cause.. I?"

I was at a loss of words, I didn't know how to phrase it in a way he wouldn't go completely mad.

"Oh" Romano laughed, only just realising what I was muttering about. "I'm not asking you to marry me stupid".

At that moment I felt the need to run out onto the streets, and get hit by a bus.

That's embarrassing.

"Here" he whispered, folding my hand into his, "this was my mother's ring".

His eyes set on my fingers, taking a moment before slipping the ring onto my index finger. I didn't refuse the gift, i just stood there admiring the softness in his gaze.

"The symbol is part of my family" he stated lifting his head up to mine ,"a symbol of our mafia".

It was a flame, the same one I've discovered around his house. They're hidden in secretive places ,such as the far back corner in the wardrobe in my room. I found the first one the day that I arrived here, when I was in search of my phone.

"It's pretty"

What a stupid compliment, he must of thought.

"And marriage" he gleamed , pulling me back into his chest, "that time hasn't come yet".

I didn't answer back to his last sentence, it just left me scattered.

First of all it's very wrong,

Both of us together, supposedly husband and wife. It would be impossible, too many reasons why it wouldn't work out. I wanted to slap myself, for even letting the thought of marrying him cross my mind.

As I drew back into my senses I felt a touch of wet coolness , drip down the side of my shoulder. More started pouring down on us, soaking my book as I had left it down on the grass. I ran too it , picking it up and brushing off the rain which had not yet destroyed the front cover.

Romano twirled me back around, bringing me back to him again.

he really can't last a second without touching me.

Romano stood there with an undecipherable reflection plastered across his face. I shielded the book with my shirt, tucking it under to stop it from getting damaged.

"Can we go in?" I asked, tugging onto my hand, which he had a hold on.

He stood there frozen, not a word of response being said from his mouth.

"We're getting wet"

He looked over to my lips, and then without another thought his collided against mine. The soft texture welcoming me, making me sink into his movement.

My hair soaking in the rain, as I felt the wetness of his brush against my cheek. There was something about the way his lips connected with mine, it made me want to abandon any other thought in that moment.

I placed my palms out, letting the rain drizzle down onto my hands. I looked upwards and laughed, it was crazy how great this was making me feel.

When I no longer felt his touch on me, I looked down at him. His smile was all I could think about, it was one of those rarest things. Romano easily rested his forehead against mine, letting the water on his nose drop Down onto my lips.

And then in the spur of the moment,He swept me up off my feet, carrying me into his arms. My dripping dress dragged behind, as he lead me into the house. My laughter echoed across the hallway, as his footprints were set behind.

He locked us into the bathroom, pulling me underneath the shower. When he turned it on, the water sprayed above us. I heard him laugh, the sound of it was incredible. I wanted to hear it over and over again, it was something I didn't know I needed.

He took my hair out from its braids, pulling me into another kiss. It felt like a movie, except I was living it.

It was just him and I.

(Hope you liked this chapter, it's short but I was excited to finally add a rain scene in)