Chapter 6

Chapter 6  

Mikaela felt no threat being around this Flynn guy, to be honest with herself, she shy. Sort of like a puppy dog crush in high school boy. Nevertheless, she had to follow him around the school.

Everything was so different on this side compared to other. On this side it was like the town was never destroyed. The building were nice and clean. And the classes continued on like it was just another day.

"This place doesn't even look like it's been destroyed at all." Mikaela told him as she looked around. Shaking his head as he smiled, he tried to explain, "Some of the spirits here doesn't know that they are dead." Flynn started to as he held on to her.

"Even me some time. When I woke up that morning, everything looked and seem normal, but yet at the same time, it felt different. Everything looked the same, sun was shining brightly and the air felt great."

A questioning look appeared on Mikaela's face as she asked, "How did you find out that you were...." "Dead." He finished and she nodded. He could tell that she was uncertain about this whole things an a cricked smile came across his face when he noticed that she started to blush a bit.

"It took me a good while to realize what happened." "How?" She ask again, this time with one word. "Well I noticed that there was no real young children, they were all teenagers as well as old people from age fifty an up."

They stopped short of the exit door, "Some people like it here, the air outside is always comfortable never to hot nor to cold an it's always a sunny day and clear cool nights. It's just to perfect."

"Can all of ya'll see the way the town really is?" Mikaela ask but seeing Flynn shake his head gently. "No, not all of us can. It's hard to tell you how we can go to the reality of this town back to this one."

Mikaela cocked her head to the side curiously and he couldn't help but smile and squeezed her hand. He rubbed his thumb gently over hers causing butterflies to start fluttering in her stomach.

What the hell is wrong with me. I'm acting like a school girl.

"One of many good things about this place is, that we don't age or does it rain. All the trees stay green and the flowers are at their fullest and puts a wonderful smell in the air."

Mikaela noticed that Flynn's face had fallen a bit. She wanted to give him a hug but shook her head as she ask, "Is everything alright?" He looked up at her with his cricked smile and she knew that he was trying to hide his feelings.

"I never understood why some of us stayed behind while a lot of us left." She could see the hurt in his eyes, she wasn't good at comforting people but manage to say, "Maybe there is something you are supposed to do one day and when you do, it'll set you free."

He looked over at her, he could tell that she was a bit uncomfortable so he gave her one of his most charming cricked smile that made her feel somewhat better. It didn't last long when she started to pick up on Kimberly's scent in the hall and reality came back to her that she was there to find her befriend not fall for a guy.

"What is it?" Flynn ask seeing Mikaela's expression, "I know Kimberly has been here." she told him. He wondered on how she knew but then remembered the encounter he had with her earlier. "You have a sensitive scene of smell don't you as well as a hell of a roar showing your long teeth?"

Mikaela really didn't know what to say on that comment, the only person that knew about her and her family secret was Kimberly. But Flynn wasn't a person, he was a spirit and he had already seen part of her other half when she was rampaging in the classroom.

A reddish tent started to cast over Mikaela's cheeks, "I'm not what I appear to be at times." she started to say as he added, "Not everyone here is too, not as they appear that is."