Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Present

March 3, 2008

Mikaela Tybred an Kimberly Ashley friendship had grown stronger since their ski trip. Since then, Mikaela's family had invited Kimberly over several times to their family get togethers at Tybred's house.

They were glad that Mikaela had found such a dear friend that she could talk to about her family and not worry about it going around.

As for the two girls. Mikaela still had a few years left in the military before she could be discharged but her and Kimberly had started working for the National Forest. Kimberly became a Park Ranger, while Mikaela became a Game Warden when she was on leave.

They also share a log cabin that had about two acres of land but surrounded by forest so Mikaela could run in her wolf forms. They split the bills and Mikaela gave permission for Kimberly to cash her checks to help with the bills when she was back overseas.

Kimberly was also a head leader for one of the three National Forest Search and Rescue team if someone gets lost in the forest. But as for Mikaela. She gets the short in of the leash but she enjoys it.

She'll be in her wolf form instead of her werewolf. She hated to be put on a leash but she knew that Kimberly had to keep her on one until she picks up a scent.

It has been several months since Mikaela had been home an Kimberly was waiting for her out on the runway with the other military families and Mikaela's family.

"How was your tour this time?" Kimberly asked as they drove home, "It was alright, there's nothing really to talk about since the last time I came home, but we did see a little more action, but nothing to really talk about."

That night, Mrs. Tybred had cooked a wonderfull meal. Kimberly always looked forwared eatting Mrs. Tybred's homemade cooking. Even when Mikaela was overseas, Mrs. Tybred would invite her over for a meal.

That night after their dinner had settled, the family decided to go out for a run in the woods that surrounded their house. They all stripped down to change into their wolf or werewolf form, Mikaela changed into her werewolf form so that Kimberly could ride on her back and go along on their outing too.

A week had past and both girls were setting at their table having dinner on their day off from their Forestry job, when Kimberly got a call from her Search and Rescue boss.

"We have a five year old girl missing in the forest. We need you and Wolfster to come lead a search team before that cold front hits later tonight. It is already cooling off and that will be bring in some ice cold rain down on her. I'll tell you more when you get here." she heard Jim Green say on the other end. "We're on our way."

Mikaela had a confusing look on her face, "That was Jim. We have a five year old lost in the forest." Kimberly told her as she started to get up.

Nodding, Mikaela quickly got up and followed her best friend out the door then stopped. "Go on. I need to change." She told Kimberly as she left the screen door cracked. Kimberly nodded and went on out to her truck.

Mikaela hurried to her room and grabbed her backpack, she stripped all her clothes and put them into the bag then she concentrated on changing into her wolf form.

It just takes seconds for her to changed an once she was finished, she picked up the backpack with her mouth and hurried out to Kimberly's truck where her best friend was waiting.

Kimberly opened the passenger door for Mikaela to hopped in, then hurried to the driver's side and took off. "So how did the little girl get lost?" Mikaela ask in somewhat of a harsh but soft voice form her wolf state.