Chapter 15 - you're the one that i want

Start from the beginning

Too much for him? I'd be the one in the dress, why would- Harry stop just forget about it.

"I'd like to think I am," I smile looking up at him which is a first.

"You're a dream you know that?" Louis presses on.

I snort, "Thanks but I'm really not."

I start to heat up the meat on one pan and grab another to heat up the tortillas later. I also get some cheese out that's already been grated.

"No, you are," Louis states, "Any girl would be lucky to have you," he finishes looking down at his lap and he doesn't sound cheery anymore.

Oh. Louis must think I'm fully straight then. We've never really talked about crushes and sexuality before so I guess it's a fair assumption, but how have any of my actions towards Louis been straight? I literally touch him any way that I can at any chance that I get which is definitely not a straight thing. I've never asked Louis about anything like this either so maybe now's my chance.

"Yeah, sure," I say dismissively and then I glance over before asking, "What kind of girls do you like?"

I watch him stiffen at that and start playing with his fingers. Huh. Interesting.

"Um I-I like girls who eat carrots," he blurts out awkwardly and I laugh at that.

He meets my eyes and relaxes a bit, "What kind of girls do you like?" he asks shyly.

"I don't really have a type, or a preference," I wink at him and then focus back on cooking.

That's probably the most bold I'll ever be around Louis. He should get it now right? That I'm not straight? I would hope so. I glance over at him to see him looking down and smiling to himself with a lot of blush on his cheeks.

I focus on cooking the meat instead of what that expression means. I hear Louis hop off the kitchen counter but then I feel him behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I instantly melt into his touch. God, he feels so good. I should try not to get my hopes up but every time I'm around him I can't help it. How can he do things like this and not feel something?

"You're so warm," he chuckles and I can feel it vibrate throughout my body.

I smile, "I run warm since I know you get cold easily."

I can feel him smile against my back, "Is that so?"

"Yup," I say popping the 'p'.

We stay like that for awhile and it's literally the best thing in the world. I get worried because I have to move over but Louis just follows my movements which makes me laugh. I could get used to this, but I guess I shouldn't since I still don't know how Louis feels.

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

We eat dinner and everyone said they liked my tacos which felt good. Shortly after Louis goes over to tuck in the twins and we both say goodnight to Fizzy who heads in early.

Louis and I decide to watch a movie and so here we are watching Grease, Louis' choice which I didn't really expect. But he quickly lectured me about how it's his favorite movie and why it's the best movie ever. He's been singing along to all of Danny's parts the whole movie and has insisted that I sing Sandy's parts. And so of course I do even though I don't know them all that well.

It's the last song, "You're The One That I Want" and Louis has me standing up and trying to follow the dance that they're doing. We look absolutely ridiculous but we're having so much fun we really don't care what we look like. This is also the only song that I know all the lyrics to and obviously Louis knows it too because for some reason he knows all of them. He must really really like this movie I figure. It's the last chorus and we're singing our hearts out and then it gets to the part where Sandy jumps onto Danny.

I'm standing on the couch about to jump, "Louis I don't want to hurt you," I say concerned.

"Come on Hazza! Don't worry I got you!" Louis reassures loudly so I can hear him over the movie.

I jump and wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He catches me somewhat effortlessly but avoids doing the dip that Sandy and Danny are doing. He spins me around and I throw my head back laughing. Louis joins in and I accidentally loosen my grip and fall pulling Louis on top of me.

"Oops," I laugh out.

Louis tries to catch his breath, "Hi," he still says breathlessly.

I open my eyes to see him smiling down at him. My dimpled smile comes out and he giggles.

"We absolutely killed that number," he says more settled down now without moving.

I sit up slightly propping my head against the couch but I keep Louis on top of me. I also bend my legs so that he's in between them and maybe on my crotch but I'm trying not to think about that. He's so light. He probably should have been Sandy just for that one part but I'm kind of glad he wasn't.

"Yeah we did," I nod in agreement, "How did you know all the songs anyways? Do you love the movie that much?"

He puts his arms on my chest and rests his head on them, "Yes I do. But I actually learned the songs when I was in my school's production of Grease," he informs me, "I played Danny," he smiles.

I stir a bit underneath him, "You did theatre?" I asked shocked.

"Yes I did Harold," he nods.

I give him a dorky smile, "That's so cool!" he beams at my excitement, "I bet it wasn't as good as our performance though."

He grins at me, "Well nothing compares to ours," then he looks away shyly, "But if you wanted to compare, I have it on tape."

"What?!" he looks back at me a bit startled by my reaction, "You have yours on tape and you made us watch the original instead?"

He only laughs and stares at me fondly. I might as well call it what it is, even if it is just in a friendly way. He makes no attempt to move so I get up and lift him bridal style.

"Harreh!" he shouts and giggles into my chest.

I carry him and then set him down in the hallway, "You go get your production of Grease and I'll make some popcorn," I give him a big smile

"Okay," he says softly making me melt.

I really just want to hold him close to me for forever but this is nice. It's moments like these that make me think that maybe, just maybe Louis feels the same way that I do.