Chapter 14

"I thought you'd be more concerned about what I just told you." Joey Toledo said to Tobias Whale as he stood on the other side of Tobias's desk in his office.

"What, you mean the ASA falling? Not sure why I should be concerned about that." Tobias said, while not looking up from his computer.

"What if the ASA data that was somehow leaked reveals your criminal activities and association with them?" Joey asked.

"Please, when you have known me not to be prepared for every scenario. The ASA falling isn't exactly new, if anything, I'm surprised it took so long, since honestly, based on my intel, it's obsolete. It was only a matter of time before it got shut down, so I took precautions to make sure that there was nothing there to incriminate me. I know a hacker who owed me a favor and wanted some extra money, so they hacked and removed all traces of any connection between the ASA and me and without it, there's no proof to any of Odell's claims." Tobias said.

"So do we just do nothing?" Joey asked.

"For now, yes. The collapse of the ASA is going to bring a lot of heat down onto Freeland, especially from Markovia. We'll let the dust settle and then we'll take over their turf. Especially since with the ASA exposed, there's a good chance the Shadow Board will fold with them." Tobias said.

"Leaving all their territory for you to control as well." Joey said.

"Exactly. Only thing I'm concerned about with this development is how much power I can gain once the ASA is a distant memory." Tobias said.

"So, what should we do for now?" Joey asked.

"Get a hold of Syonide, tell her to start crossing off names on the shadow board while they're exposed. Get a hold of Tori too and tell her I'd like her to join us here. In times like this, you need people you can trust around you." Tobias said and Joey nodded as he walked out of the office, feeling much more at ease than he had when he'd entered it, now that he knew that Tobias had a plan.

"Khalil, there's something you need to see." Phillke said to Khalil in their underground base in Akashic Valley.

"What?" Khalil asked.

"I just got word from a contact of mine in the ASA and apparently our prayers have been answered, since apparently, all the dirt on the ASA has been leaked and they're being shut down. A team from Argus is preparing to go in and storm the place." Phillke said.

"Which means we might lose our shot at Odell for what he did to me and to my mother." Khalil said.

"Sounds like this might be a good time to let your dark side out of his cage." Phillke said to him.

Never thought I'd say these words, but listen to the man. We finally have a shot at the bastard who turned us into this, I say we go there, put him in the ground and finally get our lives back, no more looking over our shoulder. Painkiller said inside Khalil's head.

"For once I agree. The ASA is vulnerable, let's save the government the work of putting those agents in jail cells by putting them in the ground. Especially Odell." Khalil said.

"I'll schedule transport back to Freeland." Phillke said.

"Good." Khalil said.

It's time for vengeance. Painkiller said inside Khalil's mind.

"Not just vengeance Painkiller. Justice." Khalil said as he went to suit up.

"Are you really telling me to sit this one out?" Grace asked Anissa as she laid in the medical area of the Sanctum with her girlfriend at her side.

"Look Grace, I just think it's too soon. Especially since you don't have complete control over your shifting." Anissa said.

"I didn't. But one good thing about being forced to be a slave for the ASA is that it did teach me how to control them. Plus, while I was with the Perdi, their healers did help me and I finally was able to learn to control it, since it was my problems with abandonment that caused my emotions to spiral so I couldn't control my shifting. But now I can. And I want to help." Grace said.

"And you will, but you're still recovering from being the ASA's puppet and I just got you back Grace, I can't lose you again. My heart can't take losing you again." Anissa said.

"And how do you think I feel about losing you Anissa. Now that we've found each other again, I don't want to let you go. And I'm fine now to take down the ASA. So, stop babying me and let me help in this fight, especially since now it's even more personal for me." Grace said and Anissa smiled.

"Now I know how everyone else feels when they're arguing with me. Fine. But you'll need a suit." Anissa said, right as Grace shapeshifted into her Wylde gear.

"What? It's a good look, even if it was created by the ASA." Grace said.

"Show off. And what do I call you?" Anissa asked.

"I'm still going by Wylde, since the one thing the ASA does right is codenames. Plus, I want to take some joy in reclaiming a part of my birth name." Grace said and Anissa could tell that she was smiling underneath her mask.

"Okay then, let's meet up with the others, find out what the plan is." Anissa said as she helped Grace up off the table before they kissed and went to join the rest of the team.