Our Journey Begins

Everything is changing faster than before. I've been in the maze for nearly 3 years with no sign of escape.

      Now things are starting to look up, but i'm getting ahead of myself. Let me start from the beginning.

     I awoke to the deafening sounds of metal scraping all around me in a dimly lit box. I was surrounded by crates of what, I couldn't tell you. I lay there frozen from utter shock for a few moments examining my surroundings unsure of what to do next.

     as I stood the metal box which, felt more like a cage, stopped abruptly pushing me hard into the floor as blinding light engulfs me. Shielding my eyes I stand to see a figure of a man peering over me. He seems just as confused as I was as he lent me his hand.

     "My names Alby." It sounded more like a question than a statement. "Sorry I've just been alone for a month now. It's odd seeing another person."

    "I don't even know who I am." I reply taking his hand as he hoist me up.

     "Right, I forgot about that part." He rubbed the back of his head.

     "This is normal!?" I look around me awaiting his reply. We were surrounded my walls roughly 100 feet high on all sides with a forest in one corner.

     "It happened to me too. Though that was a month ago. I awoke like you with no memories at all, but later on my name came back to me. Only my name." He led me around as he spoke showing me the small shack he put together himself. I'm not gonna be nice it looked like toothpicks piled on each other, but it worked.

     We got acquainted as he showed me how he made things work around here all on his own.

     "I can't imagine waking up here alone with no memories, and no one to talk to for a month." I was stunned by the progress he made on his own.

     As we conversed we heard a loud noise of what sounded like a hord of horses behind us. I turn and watch as the opening in the walls closed slowly in front of my eyes. It was mesmerizing, and yet terrifying altogether.

     "It happens ever night and every morning. I was even to scared to step foot out there myself, but I eventually learned when it closed and opened, so I wouldn't get trapped out in the maze at ni-."

     I cut him off in shock "Maze! You're telling me we're trapped in here by a maze that's astounding!"

     He just laughed and nodded as he walked toward a makeshift fireplace in the grass. He sat and gestured me over as he lit the fire with some flint.

      That night we sat by the fire and talked for a few hours about the maze until I passed out on the grass next to the fire. Ably went and laid in his makeshift bed in the toothpick hut after laying a blanket on me.

Authors note
     We're starting off slow as I come up with more ideas. Our next part will be more fast paced as we make our way up to the 3 year mark. I'll make sure you get your back sorry dont worry.