I steal a few glances towards Y/N and sigh deeply, feeling like the luckiest god in the universe. Though a lot of bad things have happen throughout my life, and even now it's the same, at least I have Y/N to remind me that every hardship is worth it because she's with me.

Looking ahead, I find we have arrived to the meeting room. I breathe in through my nose as I press my lips into a firm line, mentally preparing myself to whatever father has to say to us this oh so lovely morning.

Y/N opens the door for us, letting my brother and I through. My expression falls when I see Princess Elin sitting besides father with her head down. I clench my jaw, already imagining what Odin has to say to me. I bet Elin told him everything I said to her. What an amazing setback to my progress, right?

Thor takes his place at father's right while Y/N keeps her post by the door and I sit near my brother. I can see the anger in father's single eye, and his scowl twisting his factions severely.

"Now that you are both here. I must announce that the royal family will be staying for a few more weeks." Father begins, and I have to do everything not to roll my eyes or grumble.

If the royal family stays longer I'll be forced to spend more time with the Princess, which means Y/N and I will have less time together and I'll have fewer chances to steal the tesseract.

"I was quite disappointed to hear what happened yesterday on your outing with the Princess. Do you have anything to say for yourself, Loki?"

I slowly look up, not being able to bite back my venomous tongue and the bitterness seething through it. I bet Y/N must be bitting her tongue at my answer.

"I have no wishes to marry Princess Elin. We are not compatible whatsoever, and I have no interest in her. Even a horse is much more wife material than she is. Why must I give up my heart and my dignity to marry her when there are other ways to secure the peace between our realms? Like perhaps marry a human instead, as I attacked Earth, not Alfhaim."

Father forcefully stands up, his eye narrows at me dangerously, and I keep my composure despite fearing his wrath. I have a blade for a tongue and so I was expecting to be scorched by his consuming anger.

"Loki, you have no dignity left in you at all. Princess Elin is a well educated young woman, she has been betrothed to you and will marry you one way or another, and I don't care if you don't find her to your taste. You cannot marry a human, they don't know of our existence, and that must stay as it is. Your job is to show me you've changed, so you will use these next weeks to get closer to the Princess."

Anger also started to arise inside me, my promise to Y/N lingering at the back of my mind like a whisper reminding me of what's important.

When I'm about to retort, an idea suddenly comes to me. So, retracting my initial response I decide to let go of my answer, and submit to his wishes.

I hang my head low, in a way to show defeat. I clench my hands into fists and tighten my jaw.

"Alright, father,"-I sigh, trying to act as if I've given up any hope to change his mind-"I'll do as you've asked. I will try my best to get closer to her highness, Princess Elin."

Satisfied with my answer, father nods his head firmly and points towards the Princess sitting to his left with his hand, his eye never leaving mine. "Now that you have agreed, you must apologize to Princess Elin, for you have insulted and offended her."

I sigh, trying to hold back from snapping at my father. I force a smile, a smile that does not reach my eyes, and lock my gaze with Elin's fuchsia glare.

"Your highness, I am very sorry for what I said and did. I haven't been on my right mind lately. I will try to get along with you and prove to everyone that I've changed."