✹THIRTY SEVEN✹

I'M BACK BESTIEESSSS!!! MISS ME?? I'M SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT BUT....THIS CHAPTER MIGHT MAKE YOU FORGIVE ME....HOPEFULLY....AHHHHHH

TW: MAJOR CLIFFHANGER.....DON'T HATE ME.....

_____________________

✹ Okay, okay. That's cute

and all but it's 3pm

and you've just woken up so get your

asses out of bed

before I drag you myself ✹

_____________________

Regulus took a deep breath in and allowed a small, content smile to appear on his face at the familiar scent. Light seeped through the closed curtains but he could not bring himself to open his eyes just yet, he was perfectly fine as he was. Something moved around in his arms, a person to be exact, and burried their face into his shoulder.

"G'mornin'." Came a quiet mumble, muffled by the fabric of Reg's pyjama shirt. James' voice was low and husky after just waking up and Regulus felt his heartbeat quicken in pace.

"Hi." He whispered back. The older boy's brown, messy hair tickled his cheek, causing him to let out a giggle. 

"You 'kay?" Jay spoke again, lifting his head slowly to look into Reg's now open eyes, his voice still rather croaky.

"Yeah, why?"

"Your heart's racing." It was now Regulus' turn to hide his face, this time into James' hair, as to cover his embarrassed expression. It was quiet for a few more moments, both boys at peace as they held each other. James had one arm around Reg's waist and the other under the boy's neck while Regulus had both arms wrapped tightly around James' torso, not wanting to ever let go. He used James' arm and chest as a pillow, snuggling into the red and gold hoodie he was wearing. 

"You're warm." Regulus found himself saying, instantly regretting it, "I'm sorry, that was a weird thing to say-" He was soon interrupted by his own laughs as James' fingers tickled his hip, his most ticklish spot, something James knew very well. "Potter, don't you- don't you d-dare!"

"Don't I dare do what, Reggie?" He whispered innocently into his ear.

"Stop n-now!" He knew that James would have stopped if Regulus truly wanted him too, but deep down they both knew that Reg didn't actually want him to stop. They had been apart for so long that Regulus couldn't care less what James did to him, as long as they got to be together.

He soon gave in, pulling Regulus back towards him so that their faces were only inches apart. His eyes scanned Regulus' small, happy, content figure with a faint smirk. Reg hated the feeling of someone staring at him for a long period of time. He felt exposed, visible, open. He was so used to always being alone and in the shadows that when someone actually noticed he was there, he became self-conscious. What were they thinking as they looked at him? He wasn't much of a view. 

"Your smile is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen." James admitted out of the blue, pressing both of their foreheads together. Regulus didn't know what to say. What to do. What to think. All he knew was that the redness on his face was not of embarrassment this time around.

"You're just saying that."

"No 'm not," He disagreed, letting out a morning yawn, "Your smile is actually the most perfect thing in the whole world. When I see you smile, my heart skips a beat, my stomach flips, and I can't help but stare. It is my favourite thing in the world, seeing you smile. You have no idea how adorable you are." He finished, raising his head to kiss Regulus lightly on the forehead.