✹SEVEN✹

_____________________

✹I forgot that 

they 

existed, is 

that  bad?✹

_____________________

Regulus Arcturus Black,

Hey, love. I'm just writing to make sure you're alright. Your mother has been over a lot recently, blabbering on about her nOblE hOusE oF bLacK shite. I'm worried about you, Reg! Please write back, even if it's just a couple of words to tell us that you are ok.

Humph requests that I tell you and Siri he said hello, bloody idiot can't be bothered to write his own letter, so if you don't mind, could you tell your brother?

Stay safe, love.

Bailey Victoria Chambers

Is it a bad sign if you forget that your best friends exist? Probably....Bailey and Humphrey Chambers had been Regulus only friends since 1st year. Both Walburga and Orion Black were close with Mr and Mrs Chambers so the three had seen each other often, bringing them closer. 

Regulus wouldn't have been surprised if he was told that he had an arranged marriage with Bailey, it was very likely to happen, and to be honest, it wouldn't be the end of the world. The two of them understood each other perfectly and got along just fine, it would be much better than having an arranged marriage with Narcissa for example.

"You alright there, Reg?" He was snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to see Sirius watching him intently from across the dining table.

"Just fine, thanks. Bailey wrote." Sirius instantly perked up at that.

"Really? What did she say?"

"Nothing much, just checking to see if I was alright. Humph says hi." Sirius grinned, taking another spoonful of his cereal.

"Bailey and Humph who?" James looked very confused as he watched the two boys' interaction.

"Bailey and Humphrey Chambers, two close friends of mine." Realization formed on James' expression.

"Ohh, that makes sense now." Remus groaned from beside Sirius, placing his head in his hands. The full moon was in 2 days and Lupin wasn't doing too good. Sirius brought Remus into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"Headache." He muttered, nuzzling his face into Siri's neck.

"Got any water, Prongs?" James jumped up and made his way to the kitchen to get Remus a glass of water.

"Alright there, Lupin?" Reg asked, leaning back into his chair.

"Um, yes, he's fine. Just a cold." Sirius blurted out causing Regulus to chuckle.

"Is that what they call it now? A cold? I always thought it was pronounced 'Werewolf' but it looks like I must have been wrong." Sirius eyes shot open in panic, James stopped dead still in his tracks and it was silent for a good 5 minutes before Remus started laughing.

"Is tHat wHat tHeY cAll iT nOW?" He impersonated Regulus in a high pitched, squeaky voice. After another 2 or so minutes of silence the room erupted with laughter, Mr and Mrs Potter's laughing could be heard coming from the living room.

"How did you know?" It took a good half an hour for the whole household to completely calm down. Mr Potter had now left for work and Mrs Potter had gone out to meet with a friend, leaving the four boys at home alone, Peter unable to visit due to attending his grandfather's funeral.

"Bailey and I figured it out years ago. 2nd year maybe? You lot weren't very good at hiding it, not with the howling, Remus in the hospital the day after a full moon every month. Then the rest of you started disappearing once a month too in about 5th year, animagi I presume?" James and Sirius stared at him, jaws dropped.

"Oh pull yourselves together! Just because he's smarter than you." Remus muttered the last part under his breath, only meaning for Regulus to hear but James heard him as well and decided to pour the glass of water over the top of his head. "Ohhhh, you're dead, Potter!" This resulted in a food fight (of mainly cereal) and a very tired Remus. 

"C'mon, Moony. Bedtime. You're dead on your feet." Sirius took Remus up to their bedroom to take a nap, leaving James and Regulus to clean up the mess.

"D'you mind finishing this, Jay? I need to write back to Bailey." James smirked at the new nickname before nodding. Regulus sent him a grateful smile then ran up to the bedroom, grabbing some parchment and a quill off of James' desk.

Bailey Chambers,

Hey, B. I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I'm sorry about my mother, she's an arse.  Don't be worried about me. Sirius' friend James Potter has let me move in with him, so I'm staying here for the Summer. I'm perfectly safe so stop worrying, MuM. 

I told Sirius, tell Humphrey we said thanks.

Can't wait to see you two.

R.A.B

He sealed up the letter and ran back down the stairs to hand it to James' owl. He watched it fly off before making his way back up.

Led on the bed, was the diary Regulus had written in at some point the previous week. With nothing else to do, he picked it up and wrote down the events between the last time he wrote and now.

_____________________

✹I forgot that

they

existed, is

that bad?✹

_____________________