✰TWENTY FOUR✰

ATTENTION ALL MY LOVELY READERS! GUESS WHAT! JEGULUS FLUFF! JEGULUS FLUFF! JEGULUS FLUFF!

_____________________

✰ "Sleep then, love.

I don't mind." Shit.

Did he actually

just say that? ✰

_____________________

The next morning, James found himself led on his bed, holding Regulus' letter above his face. He shouldn't have taken it, he knew that, but he didn't know what else to do. It was just sat on Reggie's bedside table, unopened and before he'd realized what he was doing, it was in his bag. Reg had almost caught him, just as he had turned away from the bookshelf, luckily he hadn't questioned it - Reggie was good at that, not getting too deep into other people's business.

It was pathetic, why go through the effort of writing a letter and getting Sirius to give it to Regulus for him if he was just going to take it back again? He was such a bloody coward, why was it such a big deal? It was just a letter, for Merlin's sake! But then again, it wasn't 'just a letter'. If Regulus had read this letter, and reacted badly to what was written on its pages, then he might have left. And James knew that he wouldn't have been able too live without Reg, so he did what he had to do.

"What did you do this time?" Peter asked jokingly, letting out a few laughs. When James didn't reply, he looked up and instantly stopped laughing, "Okay, what happened?"

"I wrote this for Reggie but I- I took it back."

"Why'd you do that?"

"Um- just read it." He handed over the envelope and watched as he opened it up. "Don't er- judge me."

"I could never, Prongsie." He replied with a small smile, before starting to read.

***

"Oh, wow." Peter muttered as he folded the parchment back up and placed it into the envelope.

"See why I took it back?"

"I can see why you did it, but I don't think you should have." James groaned, falling back on to the bed and covering his face with his hands. "Hey, don't stress over it. You've done it now, so you'll just have to work around it."

"How, Pete?!" He heard Peter sigh but there was no answer. "What time is it?"

"Oh, shit. Eight thirty, we missed breakfast and we're late for Potions, hurry up!" Both boys jumped up and ran out of the room, making their way through the long corridors. They bursted into the classroom, everyone going silent as they turned to see what was going on.

"Mr Potter, Mr Pelligrew. Glad you could join us! There's a spare seat there, beside Miss Evans and one seat next to Mr Black." Slughorn greeted with a bright expression. Pelligrew? This man had no memory.

"Wanna sit with Evans?" James looked toward Peter, who nodded and made his way over to his seat. Meanwhile, Potter walked towards Regulus, sending him a big smile as he sat down. Everyone in the class turned to stare at him with shocked expressions. Most students at Hogwarts had expected James to go back to liking Lily after he and Mary had broken up, but little did they know James was rather in love with someone else.