"What are you doing here"!?

Axel jumped over the counter, embracing Capri in a tight hug before giving her a quick peck on the lips.

"I came to surprise you"!

She laughed loudly, capri felt peace flush through her.

"Oh Axel you couldn't have surprised me at a better time".

His face fell at her words.

"Did something happen"? He asked slowly, staring at her with a raised eyebrow as she nervously bit her lip.

Both parties found themselves in the dim lights of the shop as they ate together.

Capri had closed the shop for the day and they now were an hour into their conversation.

"I just can't believe he ate your ass while Sebastian was in the other room".

Capri slapped his arm harshly as she glared at him.

"Don't say it like that, you make it sound dirty".

Axel laughed loudly.

"It is dirty".

She sighed.

"I haven't spoken to him in a week, I'm sure he knows by now that I'm avoiding him".

Axel shrugged as he took another bite of his croquette and sipped away at his juice.

"Things happen, you're only twenty three Capri, Mateo is an old man now anyways, isn't he like in his forties"?

"He's thirty seven".

"Close enough, Sebastian is twenty someth-

"Twenty nine".

Axel waved her off.

"Yea whatever, just find out who fucks you better and stick with that". Axel suggested as he reached for Capri's plate of food.

Capri rolled her eyes at his horrible advice before groaning loudly, leaning back into her chair with a frown etched on her face as she thought of the previous events.

*

Mateo and Tony had settled in, the rest of his men in their respective rooms as they prepared for the next day to come where he would meet the son of a bitch, Fernando.

"I want you on my right and Luca on my left when we walk in, understood"?

"Yes boss".

Mateo only nodded as he took a sip of his drink, his head was scheming, thinking of all the possible ways those fucks could try anything.

Mexicans weren't like Italians, Mateo considered Italians to be smoother and cleaner with their jobs and cleanups, Mexicans were too messy and it was all about leaving things as gruesome as possible.

That worked in their advantage though in a few aspects, some would even consider the Mexican cartel scarier because of that.

Tony felt his phone ring, quickly pulling it out of his pocket to check the caller ID.

He looked over at Mateo who eyed him while sipping his drink.

"Who's that"? He asked nonchalantly.

"Nothing important". Tony shrugged off as he placed the phone back into his slacks.

Mateo furrowed his eyebrows.

"I wanna know who's calling you, let me see".

Tony was getting annoyed with his boss.

"Mateo I said no one, what's your deal"?

"I said let me see who fucking called you".

Mateo's voice was now up an octave, slowly making his way over to Tony as he pointed at him with the same hand he held his drink with.

"Why are you talking to me like you suspect something"?

"Why the fuck are you acting suspicious"!?

Mateo lunged for Tony who ducked quickly before grabbing his phone and throwing it at him.

"There's my fucking phone, review the whole call log if you want"!

Mateo was on the floor, sneering up at him as he grabbed it, quickly checking the call log and dialing the last phone number on the list.

He put the phone to his ear as he looked at Tony through hooded eyes.

"Baby, I thought you'd never call me back".

Mateo's sneer fell off as the high pitched voice resonated through, he scowled as he ended the call, throwing the phone back at Tony.

"Sorry". He mumbled.

"You suck at apologies so I'll take what I can get".

Tony side eyed him as he shoved the phone into his pocket, leaving the hotel room with a slam to the door, Mateo shook his head in self disappointment.

He felt unprepared for tomorrow and his nerves were shooting up because of it.